• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured first plus loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secured first plus loan

I am hoping someone can help.I have posted before but had no joy. I had a secured loan with first plus in 2002 that was arranged via broker Dial4aloan. After numerous calls,First plus confirmed PPI but advised me that had been arranged via Broker Dial4alon and complaint had to be looked into by them. I have since received a letter from Dial4aloan, who avised me that as loan was before 2005 they were unreguated, PPi had been added as a single premium by Firstplus to underwriter of their choice.. They also advised me that in line with ' FCA policy statement PS17/3 issued in march 2017, I can make a complaint against Firstplus under s.140aof the cinsumer credit act 1974 in relation to undisclosed commision.
    Fist plus have refuted this in theire letter ,when I called them up they said they didnt know underwriter,but they had previously confirmed PPI amount
    I have been in touch with Fos who have advised me to make a formal complaint to Firstplus and get them to confirm Underwriter.
    would really appreciate some advise and help with letter to Firstplus
    Tags: None

I think your bigger claim would be to get rates reduced as its a variable rate loan. Under CCA s140 and UTCCR just to start. Unless you have fully repaid this could be a significant sum.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldine77 View Post
      I am hoping someone can help.I have posted before but had no joy. I had a secured loan with first plus in 2002 that was arranged via broker Dial4aloan. After numerous calls,First plus confirmed PPI but advised me that had been arranged via Broker Dial4alon and complaint had to be looked into by them. I have since received a letter from Dial4aloan, who avised me that as loan was before 2005 they were unreguated, PPi had been added as a single premium by Firstplus to underwriter of their choice.. They also advised me that in line with ' FCA policy statement PS17/3 issued in march 2017, I can make a complaint against Firstplus under s.140aof the cinsumer credit act 1974 in relation to undisclosed commision.
      Fist plus have refuted this in theire letter ,when I called them up they said they didnt know underwriter,but they had previously confirmed PPI amount
      I have been in touch with Fos who have advised me to make a formal complaint to Firstplus and get them to confirm Underwriter.
      would really appreciate some advise and help with letter to Firstplus
      Hi, when did you complete the loan ? Did you ever at any time take any additional monies or a new contract ?

Comment

Hi loan was paid off in 2003 and no new contract x

Comment

Hi had more information, gave firstplus a call and insisted they give me underwriter details, it was Jubilee and after abit of research, they were cassidy davis. Am sending a sar to Dial4aloan first and than will approach ombudsman. does this sound ok ? C

Comment

Hi had more information, gave firstplus a call and insisted they give me underwriter details, it was Jubilee and after abit of research, they were cassidy davis. Am sending a sar to Dial4aloan first and than will approach ombudsman. does this sound ok ? C
            https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com....php?t=5686009

Take note of Amersall & not the bigoted opinions of those who think they know it all............Yes, Barclays insured with cassidy davis see below information in link;

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...7ix_we_j02.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com....php?t=5686009

Take note of Amersall & not the bigoted opinions of those who think they know it all............Yes, Barclays insured with cassidy davis see below information in link;

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...7ix_we_j02.htm
              Hi Fred
              Thank you for replying. Did message Amersall , and she advised me to find underwriter details. It all seems so complicated, am going to give FOS a call again, feel am being given run around by firstplus and dial4aloan, when I called Dial4ALOAN, it was ppi department for welcome, and they basically said dial4aloan were not part of welcome and only brokered loans for them. Firstplus would not confirm PPI and wouldnt give me underwriter details to begin with, its only after reserach and numerous calls did they confirm.

Comment

Hi Fred

Does that mean barclays would be liable as they had taken over first plus ?

Comment

Woolwich bought around 2000, then Barclays bought woolwich around 2003,so in my opinion Barclays are responsible.

Comment

Hi Fred

Does that mean barclays would be liable as they had taken over first plus ?
                    No, it would be the insurance underwriter for the whole of the PPI given the dates. Your broker or Barclays may have taken a commission for selling you PPI, these were usually above the 50% threshold that the courts stated was unfair. If the PPI claim as a whole failed, then, you could go for the high commission claim.

Get it to the FOS, ask FP/broker for a final response to your complaint.

Comment

Hi I also had a remortgage with first plus 2001 to 2015 with 16% interest rate has anyone made a successful claim against these unfair rates if so how do I go about starting this I have all my documents and agreements including statements .Help needed please.

Comment

Try going to the FOS, people getting success from them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X