• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Holiday scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday scam

Hi I need your help I was scammed with a holiday I booked with HomeAway and have spent months trying to sort it with them and villa owner and none of them are willing to help and this is going to happen again and again to other people he has 5 villas so it’s a lot of people it’s not just about the money it to stop this happening to other people as well please help
    Tags: None

Need far more information as to what occurred.

Comment

We booked a five bedroom villa in lanzarote so 4 family’s good all be together when we got there there was only 4 bedrooms immediately we said to rep and he said he would try to get us into a five bedroom but it wouldn’t be that day there was two camp beds set up one in dining room and one in a bedroom with daughter and husband the beds collapsed when sat on they slept on couch a 70 yr old and a 16 yr old day two we contacted them we were told there are no 5 bedroom villas so we would need to stay but to contact owner for compensation we did and he laughed at us 4-5 calls later he offered £148 we declined the got us two single beds put in bar area downstairs the next day no privacy at all we called where we booked they agreed we paid and booked a five bedroom thanked us for letting them know off mistakes and told us they couldn’t help us we called owner again still nothing we came home and I contacted him again he offered me £ 400 but now no longer answers my emails he has 5 villas advertising them and charging for 5 I was charged 720 for extra guest fee On lookinvat HomeAway web site where I booked they are still advertising it as this so it’s ginna happen to a lot more people my holiday was ruined one of my guests flew home early to free up space for his sin to get a bed and I’m left high and dry I’ve got every email sent and received and booking confirmation proof I paid for 5 bedrooms as advertised

Comment

This is the company to complain to, as you I presume booked through them. HomeAway UK Limited

Head office address:

Level 25, Portland House
        Bressenden Place
        London, SW1E 5BH

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X