• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dodgy Landscape Gardener!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Landscape Gardener!

This person owes us a refund which went into his bank in respect of a summerhouse, unfortunately we agreed to let him place the order which meant the contract was with him and that company! He has given so many excuses and promises to refund but now he is not answering emails or messages! He already has 1 CCJ against him and has taken money from other customers we believe. We paid him £1,000 cash and £500 cheque. The sim owed is actually £1,304.00. We have no current address for this person. Is there any way one can pursue for this money to be repaid please? He also left some tools in our garden for many months and despite many requests these have not been collected. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Tags: None

I think you know the answer to all this. You're not going to get your money back, unfortunately. Or, anything you do get will involve so much effort, it's not worth bothering.

As to his tools, I take it that they have no great value? You should send him an email saying you'll dispose of them in two weeks time. Then get rid of them, having taken a few photos. The worst that can happen is he demands some money for them, and you tell him to offset it against the £1300 he owes you.

Comment

Thanks for your reply and advice. I think you are right, he probably knows how to get away with this better than anyone! His tools are not worth much. His aunt said the wheelbarrow belongs to her but she failed to collect it months ago. I will do as you suggest and take photos of the items he left behind and also send a text to the aunt giving 2 weeks notice otherwise we will dispose of it! I bet this guy is doing the same to other unsuspecting customers! Next time we will only employ someone if personally recommended by friends.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X