• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Collection Agency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Collection Agency

My partner was recently victim to one of these 'Train4trade' type scams that I have recently done a lot of reading about. The training company is called New Trades Career Limited and the finance company Caledonian Consumer Finance, and these are clearly linked with the other companies which are infamous for the same exact scam and being connected through directors. Thankfully, we did this reading just before the 14 day cooling off period of the finance agreement and managed to cancel that, and also have emailed NTC about cancelling the course. The email we sent to NTC is within the 14 day cooling off period I believe but I am worries they will try to argue differently. We signed the contract on the 8.12 and a letter confirming enrollment came through on the 14. The small print on the back of the contract (which we were told we didn't have time to read and he had already told us everything which we stupidly listened to) says that "as word of mouth can sometimes be misrepresented it is your responsibility to contact us within 14 days of enrollment should anything be missing or if the terms of the contract are different from what you expected" and the letter said "you are not fully enrolled on the course". So hopefully this should be fine?? Just worried as it's not 14 days after contract sign and technically the back of their form doesn't say you can cancel after 14 days of enrollment just to contact tbem.?
    However just to put my mind at ease, since the finance agreement has definitely been cancelled is there any legal power NTC will have other than having to take me to court? For example, as they are not a finance company can they send bailiffs or impose CCJs? Or is any company able to do this?
    I would much appreciate any help!!
    Tags: None

The letter should say "you are now enrolled on the course" rather than not enrolled.

Comment

Could you please clarify:
      Signed contract 08.12.2018
      Letter confirming enrolment received 14.12 2018 also stated "you are not fully enrolled on the course".
      Well, you are either enrolled or not enrolled. How can you be partially enrolled?
      That letter appears to contain contradictions

Anyway NTC would need to take you to court with a view to enforcing the contract, or to claim damages.
      They cannot (should not) be sending Debt collectors etc.
      Bailiffs (court enforcement officers) can only be employed after a successful court claim.
      A CCJ is only registered if a court judgement remains unpaid after 30 days.

Comment

Hi des8 I meant to say you are now enrolled. But thank you for the advice x

Comment

Hello, I find myself in the same position with the New Trades Careers and want to get out of my credit agreement.* I signed up last November 2019 and although I have done some of the modules I have received no support or on site training whatsoever which was promised.* I cannot afford the £140 a month.* How can I get out of this credit agreement, what I was promised by the sales person has just not materialised?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X