• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

letter before claim from Gladstone Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks CHARITYNJW for your reply.

As I said earlier, I will be away from 21st July, that is this coming Sunday. If I do not receive the DQ from the Courts by then, and comes in the post when I am not around, will there be a problem. When I submitted the Defence, I did mention in my covering letter that I will be away.

Please advise.

Many thanks

Comment

If it were me I'd email the court to advise them when you're away & your anticipated return date.
      It won't hurt to update them.
      Put [parking co] v [you], court claim no [XXXX] - in the subject box.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        If it were me I'd email the court to advise them when you're away & your anticipated return date.
        It won't hurt to update them.
        Put [parking co] v [you], court claim no [XXXX] - in the subject box.
        Thanks for your reply.

I have also informed the Courts about the dates I will not be available by email, attaching the defence. I will email them as per your advise. Would you recommend that I should call the Courts and inform them verbally?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Twinnies View Post

Thanks for your reply.

I have also informed the Courts about the dates I will not be available by email, attaching the defence. I will email them as per your advise. Would you recommend that I should call the Courts and inform them verbally?

Many thanks
          Email should be fine.....'in writing' gives you a verifiable 'paper' trail.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi

Till date, I have not received the Directions Questionnaire from the Court. I have informed them of the dates to avoid by post and email.

Many thanks

Comment

Hi

i have received an email with form N180 attached. Can I kindly have some guidance on how to complete the form. The deadline is on 5 August 2019.

Your urgent response will highly be appreciated.
              mant thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Twinnies View Post
                Hi

I have today received county court claim form after all this time. I have 14 days to respond and issue date is 10th June 2019.

The particulars of claim are:

"The driver of the vehicle with registration ........ (the 'vehicle') parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the 'Contract') at ....... on 03/03/2018 thus incurring the parking charge (the 'PCN'). The driver of the vehicle agreed to pay the PCN within 28 days of issue yet failed to do so. The Claimant claims the unpaid PCN from the Defendant as the driver/keeper of the vehicle. Despite demands being made, the Defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability. THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £100 for the PCN, £60.00 contractual costs pursuant to the Contract and PCN terms and conditions, together with statutory interest of £15.20 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8.00% per annum, continuing at £0.04 per day."

Please note that I have never agreed to pay the PCN as mentioned above.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi,

I am in exact situation with mine received just last week. Please can someone advise of the next steps or how to proceed or any advice? I do wish to take it to the court stages and dispute this matter further as I believe I have a valid case, although would like to hear further opinions.

Twinnies for some reason the claim against you with the above text is the exact same as mine, near enough word for word, but mine was issued from Northampton County Court.

Comment

mrwing please start your own thread.
                  Hijacking someone else's only causes confusion and will possibly mean your post is missed

Comment

Originally posted by mrwing View Post

Hi,

I am in exact situation with mine received just last week. Please can someone advise of the next steps or how to proceed or any advice? I do wish to take it to the court stages and dispute this matter further as I believe I have a valid case, although would like to hear further opinions.

Twinnies for some reason the claim against you with the above text is the exact same as mine, near enough word for word, but mine was issued from Northampton County Court.

Apologies des8 I will do that now. thank you

Comment

Hi,

I have received notice of Allocation to thee Small Claims Track (Hearing) dated 11 September 2019 (date on the main page). This was received on 14 September 2019, it states that both parties to contact HMCTS for mediation within 7 days of receipt of this order. I have attached copies of the said order and would be grateful for some assistance on the next step.

Your replies are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

Comment

My question is, should jI contact the Small Claims Mediation Service and make an appointment? If so, by email or by telephone?

Many thanks

Comment

Answers in same order as questions:
                          Yes, Yes and I would use email and keep copy

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                            Answers in same order as questions:
                            Yes, Yes and I would use email and keep copy
                            Thank you

Comment

Hi

I have received a Notice of Trial Date scheduled for 13 December 2019. I have attached copies of the notice for your advise. Do I need to pay the hearing fee as well. Also will I need a witness statement and when to submit it?

I look forward to your replies.

Many thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Please advise if there is anything that I need to do at this stage.

Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X