• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Moneybarn dodgy car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moneybarn dodgy car

Hi there, if anbody could give me advice on a longstanding issue that would be so amazing!!!
    so (briefly)
    in 2015 I brought a car with a loan from moneybarn
    2months later it had serious issues.
    garage didnt want to know
    moneybarn sent out an inspector who was very contritictray in report - then they just closed the complaint (### morrons)
    so following trading standards advice i took garage to court as car was not fit for purchase
    while waiting for above court hearing i fell behind on moneybarn payments, partly due to less work because of the stress of it and trying to carry on work in car that kept cutting out)
    i was a single mum until recently, in the end i had to shell out on another car (tin can on wheels) and the origional car was sat useless, so even if i coul have carried on payments i cant honeslty say i would have.

so then moneybarn come after me despite needing csr for evidence and asking for a hold to be put on my acvount etc etc they take me to court...

my garage case happens first - i win!
    2weeks later the judgment is set aside !!!
    moneybarn then team up with the garage.
    i am orderd to pay a 3rd costs to have a so called independant inspector decide and the two cases become consolidated
    the inspector being a man called lee cookson who is a dodgy crook!

well you can guess the next bit - there guy deems car faults was down to me putting incorrect oil in! (More swearing)

his word aparently gosspil in court.
    the final hearing has happend
    i represeted myself in fast track court (not nice)
    anythjng i said was dismissed, i had evidence removed from casebundle etc anybway it was a totally unjust affair, leaving me with little faith in humanity - and...

a £15,000 bill to pay in one lump
    they also get the car back
    win win win for moneybarn

How do i deal with this? Please offer solutions.
    i dont have 15k sat around otherwise i would have got a solicitor 3years ago ,
    ive been suicdal over this to many times, really need it over.

options i can think of -
    bankruptcy
    seeing if my now husband can take out a loan

can i ask it get set aside or appeal? I dont understand the differernce?

so much was unfair on the day, i wasnt even given the chance to give my evidence (which had already been submitted but courts got changed)

i havent had a clue all along but hoped it would come good foolishly as i knew the car was broke.

what can i do? Please help
    also the judgment came on 7th dec post dated 6th and the terms say it has to be paid by 4th! What a joke!
    i believe i am now out of appeal time in waiting for paperwork as the case was heard on 20th dec?

Any help will restore some faith in hummanity in me! X

Tags: None

Hello

Despite your lengthy post, you failed to mention what the serious issues that the car had sustained. Your first mistake was taking the garage to court because Moneybarn is the owner of the vehicle and you should have directed all issues to them.

You never mentioned that you instructed an independent expert to comment on the issue so I presume you never did that. The next point is that the issues had arisen 2 months later, that should have afforded Moneybarn the opportunity to repair or replace the car, or at least inspect it. Again, you've not given any details about that, or whether the garage even attempted to repair it.

You also haven't mentioned who appointed the expert, whether it was the court, or the garage or Moneybarn. You didn't even disclose what Moneybarn's independent report said.

There seems to be a large amount of information omitted from your post so its really difficult to actually help you with this but other than to say if you are not happy with what actually went on at the hearing then you have the option to appeal, with the proviso that you could incur further costs.

If you really can't afford to pay it, then you can try to ask the court to repay by instalments, bankruptcy and taking out another loan is not the only option.

I've tagged @DebtCamel who might be able to assist on other options for you.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X