• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newbie - Moneybarn problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - Moneybarn problems

Hi I’m new and looking for some advice.

In February 2017 I purchased a car through Moneybarn for around £10,000. I had missed 2 payments through the year which I hadn’t realised they only tried to take the direct befit once (I was paid late on both times).
    I then missed a payment in October this was due to my grandmother passing away and me having to help in getting her body returned to the UK and arrange a funeral. The day before the funeral my daughter was rushed into hospital with a burst appendix which resulted in her being in intensive care for a period of time. Now during this time they sent a letter which I didn’t see until afterwards which gave me 2 weeks before they cancelled the agreement. I contacted them the day after and explained what was going on and was told I could have a few more weeks to get my head together but that I needed to go with the consent order.
    I have spoken to them a few weeks later and asked what my options were to be told that either I had the car back and continue to pay £11,230 or sign a consent order.
    I went along with the filling out forms and sending evidence they have now sent a draft form back saying that I also have to pay the £400 court fees on top of that then £360 for 11 months followed by 23 months of £275.

When I took out the car they told me that I could pay it off earlier or return if I wanted to and that I wouldn’t have to pay the interest. However this doesn’t seem to be the case.

I dont want to keep the car and did tell them this as I’m being given my grandmothers car following her death.

Im really confused by the emails they have been sending and they never seem to give a straight answer. In the most recent email containing the draft consent order then have said they have already applied to the court for a date. I was told this wouldn’t happen until I had agreed the consent order.

If i hand the car back are they still still going to try and get me to pay those ridiculous sums bearing in mind I have already paid nearly £5000 out for the car to date.

Any help would be great.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X