• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The state of policing practises reflective of resourcing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The state of policing practises reflective of resourcing

Is it just me showing my age or is the general state of police response becoming less proactive and more of a laissez faire attitude? Take for example, the other day whilst speaking to a police offer via phone in regard to my complaint to their 'public service bureau'. I asked the officer why if I had felt it necessary to dial 999 due to my wife being verbally confronted by two adults on our property and witnessed by three kids under the age of 7 (I was at work at the time and over heard the confrontation whilst on the phone to my wife). The 'why' being, after 3 weeks of the incident no officer as followed up or actioned taken against one of the adults who had frighten the kids by knocking on the window and aggressively gestured to them? The response from the officer took me by surprise, he actually stated that 'there was no law against freighting children'!
    Is this actually correct or has common sense been truly taken over by nonchalance?
    Tags: None

Not an offence to frighten children!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Refer the officer to c.64 Part 1 Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64/section/5

Comment

Thank you DES8.
      On another note, could someone enlighten me on what MAVIS is in relation to neighbourhood policing. I have looked into the police force abbreviations but could not locate MAVIS.

Comment

Never met MAVIS, but have come across SARA (scanning, analysis, response, assessment as a structured problem-solving process!)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X