• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collection of car after VTR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection of car after VTR

So I vt'd my car with PSA finance after sending them the temple letter of here, I also spoke to the with no issues, had to pay£79 for a company called Manheim to come and pick it up, they did this very promptly,all with 7 days, the people who collected it called themselves 'inspectors' they looked at the car (it's 5 years old). And informed me the car has not been serviced it had been serviced by me and one other garage, they wanted£1400 for this and another £300 because it had a small scratch on the cill and a small scuff on the alloy wheel, really it's pretty immaculate given its age, I had to sign to say I disagreed with them before they took it away, the signed one part of the v5 but not the bit to say who the motor trader was, I filled this in as PSA finance and posted it off, will I have to pay them £1700, it seems crazy, just because the service history was not filled in, I had recipes for every bit of work is had done, full not, new tyres, and I took pictures of the car all over. What now?
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Howard View Post
    So I vt'd my car with PSA finance after sending them the temple letter of here, I also spoke to the with no issues, had to pay£79 for a company called Manheim to come and pick it up, they did this very promptly,all with 7 days, the people who collected it called themselves 'inspectors' they looked at the car (it's 5 years old). And informed me the car has not been serviced it had been serviced by me and one other garage, they wanted£1400 for this and another £300 because it had a small scratch on the cill and a small scuff on the alloy wheel, really it's pretty immaculate given its age, I had to sign to say I disagreed with them before they took it away, the signed one part of the v5 but not the bit to say who the motor trader was, I filled this in as PSA finance and posted it off, will I have to pay them £1700, it seems crazy, just because the service history was not filled in, I had recipes for every bit of work is had done, full not, new tyres, and I took pictures of the car all over. What now?
    No where in the CCA 1974 does it say you must service the vehicle using an approved garage, so if they are going to run this point they would need a term in the contract that states such provisions, do you have the contract by chance?
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, it was only collected today and I just disagreed with the collection company Manheim. Presumably they will tell the PSA finance company and take it from there. They wanted £1400 because the book wasn't stamped up to date. One tiny scratch on the cill and a small scuff on one wheel amounted to another £300, again I disagreed, the car was in great condition for its age. If they do contact me again I'll email.
      thanks for your reply

Comment

The first thing you need to do is request an itemised breakdown of the charges and ask them how they have calculated that a missing service stamp costs £1,400. That seems rather excessive to me but until you know the breakdown there might be other charges that have been added on top.

Wait to hear back from PSA with their final charges and then go from there, if you aren't happy with their response then you can make a formal complaint and raise it to the Financial Ombusman once you have their final decision on the matter.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Still not heard anything back from PSA as yet, so basically half the finance was paid up, PSA agreed to a VT, and Manheim collected within a week, there was a section on the inspectors PDA to sign agree or disagree, I chose the latter, the main bone of contention is that the service manual wasn't stamped, that's because I serviced the car myself and also a local garage down the road did a short service on it but didn't stamp the book, I have receipts for all work that was done including oil changes, parts replacement, new brakes etc, just no stamps in the book, for this they want £1400 Manheim say it's a fixed fee and non negotiable the car is 5yrs old and I've only had it for 2 of those years and kept it in really good condition, it left me with new tyres and a full 12 months MOT, I've always tried to look after it that's pretty obvious from the condition, so £1400 for no stamps in the service manual seems excessive, I will keep people posted about the outcome in case someone else is having the same problem, likewise if anyone has any other advice for me it's be grateful, I'll also take Robs advice and ask for a breakdown of charges, as far as I can see, they could take it into one of thier own dealers and get it serviced anytime for less than £200 and then stamp the book.

Comment

It's been 2 weeks since the car was taken away, the DVLA have sent me confirmation of no longer being the registered keeper, and the finance company have also paid some money back into my account, if obviously paid more than I thought, anyone know how long these things take?

Comment

@r0b
              Today I received a letter of PSA finance asking for £1700 for incomplete documentation, vehicle damage outside fair wear and tear, I have replied with a request denied due to the template letter and offered them a very reasonable £400 toward a service and having the documents stamped in the book, I'm not sure what else I should do, I have asked them if they don't agree I would like to see a detailed breakdown of everything that makes up the £1700.
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X