• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen for Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen for Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Ltd

Hello folks, I hope you will be able to help.

My husband and I have both received a Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen for a loan now assigned to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Ltd.

The loan was originally taken out with Cahoot, than Santander took over the loan part of the business sometime in 2009. Following some financial difficulties, Santander defaulted us early in 2010. We made token payments to them but stopped in 2013. So no payment has been made since the end of 2013 and we haven't had any statements since.

I wrote to them in early 2014 asking them to write off the debt but they refused.

Mid 2014 the loan was assigned to Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd ('HPH2'), and administered by Robinson Way. We have never acknowledged either of them since then. However I did write to Santander early 2015 to tell them of a change of address.

Robinson Way said they would pass things over to Howard Cohen, which they have done. Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Ltd ('HFUKH2L') have written only to my husband to say the debt is now assigned to them in October.

So initially I am asking for advice on how to proceed. There is a section in the Claim Letter to ask for more information and what it would be. Is this the right thing to do or does it put us in a weaker position as we would like to contest the claim. They want an answer in the next few days or they will proceed to Court.

The debt is just under £10000.
    I have the SAR from Santander from last December.

All help will be very appreciated.

Regards
    oxfordgirl

Last edited by oxfordgirl; 19th November 2018, 17:38:PM. Reason: posted in wrong forum

Can anyone please help? Amethyst katie MIKE770
    Any thoughts would be appreciated
    Thank you

oxfordgirl
    Last edited by oxfordgirl; 19th November 2018, 17:36:PM. Reason: Posted in wrong forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X