• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello! Can't find the advice I need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Can't find the advice I need

I am being libelled repeatedly on Twitter and want to send a "cease and desist" or whatever it's called to the perp. I have rung around a few law firms in my town and none of them handle that kind of thing so I joined here to ask advice.
    Tags: None

Do you know the perp's real name and address?

Comment

Originally posted by 2222 View Post
      Do you know the perp's real name and address?
      I have found her and her husband's real name, and they are both listed on that company directors' website thing. However, the address given is their previous house.

It lists her husband's current company name and address, but not his home.

There must be a way of finding her new address? Can't the police help me?

It can't be right that people can post malicious lies about you with complete impunity just because they are ex-directory.

Comment

The police cannot help you with libel, as that's a civil matter. However, they can help you if there is a campaign of harassment. That can be a criminal act, under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and the police have full powers to intervene. The police may be reluctant to interfere if they think that what you term malicious lies are fairly minor, though. So, do go armed with full transcripts of what is being said.

Curiously, harassment does not necessarily involve lies. The truth can be far more hurtful.

Comment

Have a look here:
          https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...and-harassment

Comment

OK I have now found her address from the Electoral Roll by paying 192.com . But so far no solicitor in my town will take the case. They all say they only do criminal cases and only defence.

She posted another load of malicious lies about me today. This genuinely is a case of a sustained campaign of harassment.

Comment

Have you been to the police?

Comment

I am compiling my statement now. There are so many screenshots that I am putting them on a disk.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X