• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Parking ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Parking ticket

Hi there,

I'm new to asking questions but would like some advice on what my next step should be with a PCN from UK Parking Patrol Office.
    My partner parked my vehicle in a pay & display car park and came back to a PCN for failure to display a valid ticket.
    They did purchase a ticket for £1 even though it was free for the first 2 hours just in case they were longer the ticket was displayed but not on the dashboard, I appealed to parking patrol office that they did purchase a ticket and it was displayed but I had an email back saying.

Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we have decided to reject your appeal for the following reasons:
    The vehicle was parked in a private pay & display car park that is well signed with bright yellow contractual notices stating that a valid ticket must be on clear display at all times to park.
    Photographic evidence does not show the ticket you have submitted with your appeal displayed in the vehicle when the notice was issued.

I have emailed them back asking for the photographic evidence as the ticket was displayed but they want to know the exact location it was displayed in the vehicle before they send me photo evidence.
    I don't want to tell them the exact location in the vehicle it was in case they argue it was not displayed properly.
    I decided to appeal to www.theIAS.org as I don't agree with their decision.
    I have clicked on the link they provided to start the procedure, it asked for the PCN number and Reg which I have entered but it's saying ( the PCN or REG isn't recognised please contract the operator that issued the charge for assistance )
    I have emailed them about this problem but they haven't responded and that was 5 day ago, i only have 3 days left to appeal to the IAS I really don't know what to do I'm sure they are ignoring me so it goes over the 21 days to appeal. Any advice please.
    Last edited by Fun_runner; 22nd October 2018, 06:14:AM.
    Tags: None

Last edited by Fun_runner; 22nd October 2018, 12:10:PM.

Comment

Why do you bump and expect a response within 3 minutes? Puts people off.

The first rule is that you do not appeal to the IAS, you are guaranteed to lose.

Get some photos of the signs to see what they actually say. If it says it must be displayed without specifying where they can't complain that it wasn't on the windscreen/dashboard.

Have you identified the driver? Hopefully not.

Presuming this was a windscreen ticket and nothing else. So this is all to do with timing. To hold you, the keeper, liable for the actions of the driver, who they hopefully do not know, then they have to get a Notice to Keeper to you between days 28 and 56 after the parking. They also have to contact the DVLA to get the keeper's details. failure to do either means they can't hold the keeper liable.

Keep up the letter ping pong until day 56, argue about the placement of the ticket , no need to be shy about where it was and anything else. After that if there is no NTK then tell them (im)politely to go away and never darken your door again. If you do receive a NTK within the 56 days then check to see if the applied to the DVLA, probably not so again that (im)polite letter.

Comment

Thanks for the response Ostell, I'm not sure what you mean bump? I'm new to this so don't know if I've done something wrong I apologise.

Yes it was a window ticket, unfortunately when I appealed to them I had to choose one of these.
        A The driver
        B The keeper
        C The driver & keeper
        D None of the above
        And unfortunately I chose (A)driver

It only says a valid ticket must be displayed in the vehicle and no precise location for the ticket to be displayed.

Do you think I should email them again or sit tight and wait as they won't forward me any photographic evidence they say they have without me giving them a precise position.

thanks
        Last edited by Fun_runner; 22nd October 2018, 14:16:PM.

Comment

Hello again, it will be day 56 tomorrow 19th November and I haven't heard from UK Parking Patrol Office LTD since 24th October when I requested again for photographic evidence of ticket not displayed which they refuse to send until I tell them where in the car the ticket was displayed.
          Not sure what the 56 days is about? Can they still pursue me.
          thanks.

Comment

If they have not sent a Notice to keeper within 56 days then the have failed to comply with the requirements of POFA to hold the keeper liable, only the driver. But as you have appealed as the driver then that may be a problem,. Come back if you get another letter from them but otherwise don't poke a stick at them.

You haven't really be looking around if you are querying the 56 days. Here's POFA, have a look at paragraph 8

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X