• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claimant now in administration/liquidation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claimant now in administration/liquidation

Hi everyone,
    I wonder if anyone can help me?
    A company started legal action against us for the balance of money they felt we owed them for the supply and fit of a pre fabricated building. I was in the process of submitting our defence and submitting counter claim due to extremely poor workmanship. (We obtained an independent part 35 expert report done by an appropriate expert that was very much in our favour) However the company in question recently had a winding up petition issued against them by the HMRC. The company then put forward a CVA proposal which was rejected this week, so they will now have to close the company by way of administration/liquidation. Can you please tell me what happens to the court case they have filed against us? There seems to be a lot of information online about court cases filed against insolvent companies, but no information when it is the company that started action before going into liquidation/administration. I understand the liquidators will now try to recover the money from us, but my query is specific to the court case. Do I have to apply to have the case discontinued? Thank you very much.

Tags: None

Do submit your defence. If the company is being liquidated, there may be no point issuing a counterclaim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X