• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Highview parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi good morning, just to update on my current situation. I have now received a legal action pending letter from Highview the charge notice is now £110 to be paid within 14 days failure to do so will result in debt collection agency be instructed. I would be grateful for any thoughts on how best should I respond to this latest letter.

Comment

So you will now be getting letters from those scary people at DRP, the ones you just ignore.

When your appel was rejected did they give you a POPLA code with the rejection?

Comment

Hi Ostell, no POPLA code or rejection just a gesture of goodwill of a reduced charge of £42

Comment

OK now write to them, and tell them that as they have not responded to your appeal within 35 days, as required by their Code of Practice, then by default the appeal has been successful.

If the above is not true then write to Highview, copying the BPA, and demand to know why they have not issued your with a POPLA code so that you can get their claim cancelled by POPLA.

Comment

Ok thanks Ostell, I will follow your second point & write to Highview asking why no POPLA code has been issued. The only thing I'm not sure on is the copying the BPA part

Comment

Write to the BPA to complain that Highview are not providing a POPLA code, contrary the the requirement of their Code of Practise and putting the consumer at a disadvantage.

Failing to conform to POFA is a surefire winner at POPLA.

Comment

Ok thanks Ostell, I will write to both Highview & BPA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X