• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No response.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No response.

Hi,

My daughter has used the Voluntary Termination. Sent the template letter set out by Legalbeagles, but so far no response. Have given finance company 14 days to collect car. What's
    my next step??
    Tags: None

Have you checked they've received it

Comment

Hi, yes checked, but say their computers are down and I have to try again next week. Whilst on the line the guy insisted, that unless I fill and send the forms that they issue, the will not start the termination process. I stood my ground, but he wouldn't budge. Hope I don't have a huge battle on my hands.

Comment

You may have a battle but they will be losing. there is no requirement to fill in their from, indeed not recommended as they will try to reduce your rights.

There is a letter on the site that you can send to the finance company giving them an end date to collect and after that you will consider it abandoned property and will sell at auction and give them the proceeds after deducting your costs.

Comment

Hi,

Still nothing from VW. I know they have received the recorded delivery letter and have the person's name. Maybe I'm expecting too much. But an
          acknowledgement of my email and reminder would be a start. Do I wait patiently ???

Comment

You send them that email telling them to collect their property from you by next week

Comment

OK...so far so good. They collected the car, two weeks later we have a bill for £1800. Couple of scratches on bodywork the rest mainly
              excess mileage, which we have already put in a dispute about. As we never signed their 'pack' and sent one of templates on here, what
              is our next step.??

Comment

Originally posted by Duff1 View Post
                OK...so far so good. They collected the car, two weeks later we have a bill for £1800. Couple of scratches on bodywork the rest mainly
                excess mileage, which we have already put in a dispute about. As we never signed their 'pack' and sent one of templates on here, what
                is our next step.??
                haha Excess Mileage. Yeah the CCA deals with that , right here https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/99 and here https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...39/section/100

But wait, where in s99 and 100 does it mention excess mileage........................................... ......................................answer IT DOESNT!!. There was a case recently where the Court took the view that the charges were not recoverable
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi...once again. Sent VW (so far) two of the relevant templates regarding the outstanding £1800 excess mileage charges. They have now written to say
                  another £200 has been added on as they have heard nothing from me. What's my next step.

Comment

The plot thickens. Have just received VW 'final response'.....The damage charges stand as paint on bumper broken. But this is the bit I don't get.....under section 99 the 'customer liason officer' states that under section 99 any excess mileage accrued before termination we will have to pay, but not after????
                    We've got six months to go to the financial ombudsman,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X