• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stopping Enforcement guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping Enforcement guys

i have enforcement guys harassing me for a parking ticket that was put in my vehicle but i wasn’t the driver. I’ve given them the name and address of who was driving at the time but they continue to call on behalf of the council and have now clamped my car. As I have never been to court I’m unable to state my innocence to a court official. I want to take the company to court and I believe I can go to any local court and make a high court writ against them...anyone have experience of taking someone to the high court?
    Tags: None

If this is a Council ticket then unless you have grounds to appeal it then it needs paying. As you have Bailiffs attending then the chances are the charges have already gone up substantially and they may remove the car and sell it at auction. You certainly cannot take them to court unless you have very deep pockets.

Comment

But why would I pay a ticket that is not mine. I was not the driver and I gave them the drivers name??

Comment

Have you asked the driver to pay? solves your problem

Comment

You pay a ticket which is not yours because the traffic Management Act 2004 and Road Traffic act 1991 say words to the effect that "the person appearing rto be the owner (unless disproved) is liable.
          Pay up and try and recover from the person who was responsible

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X