• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bwlegal letter of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bwlegal letter of claim

Hello,
    i’m hoping for advice on a ‘letter of claim’ I have received today and the best course of action. It is from a parking fine from 2014.
    I reponded to the initial fine letter as I’d over stayed by 10 mins. The parking machine was out of date and wouldn’t take some modern coins so I argued this as my case.
    we moved house and then Debt recovery Plus traced me and set letters demanding £160 which I ignored believing it was a scam.
    now I’ve received a Letter of Claim from bwlegal asking me to pay £190 or they will issue a claim against me in the county court.
    any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Tags: None

Do you have the original Notice to Keeper or the actually ticket that was paid for?

Write back to BWL and request all the documents that they will be using in the claim in order to narrow the issues, as required under the Pre Action Protocol. You require this within 10 days and you will then make an informed response to their claim.

They parking companies are supposed to give a period of grace when parking comes to an end. The BPA suggest a minimum of 10 minutes. If the time was recorded by a camera then the car was not parked but moving and therefore the time is well within the grace period.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X