• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form CEL from CCBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim Form CEL from CCBC

Hello my first post a would like to be put in the right direction of how to respond to a parking charge claim form I have received from CCBC - it was for a parking infringement of being late of 17 minutes due to shopping in Homebase
    Tags: None

So first thing is to acknowledge the claim online using the details and password on the form. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from the date of issue to get a defence to the court.

Have you tried to contact Homebase to get it cancelled?

Without knowing the full details it's difficult to know what to say. Can you post up the original PCN you received, sitably redacted.

Have you had any other contact with CEL? What was the result?

Has the driver been identified? Simple Yes or No.

Comment

Hi and thanks for replying

I have been to the store manager of Homebase and he says we are stuck due to the fact that I have received the Claim form from the CCBC but promised to call head office this morning on my behalf.

This CCBC letter dated 29/6/18 is the only correspondence that we have received - we have had absolutely no PCN’s previous in regards to this matter date of offence was 25/6/17!!

I would of presumed they have identified the driver due to the number plate i would of thought but am not sure who was driving that particular day due to the length of time this has now been brought to my attention

Attached Files

Comment

They haven't identified the driver, they have identified the registered keeper, a different legal entity to the keeper and the driver. Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Homebase are playing the can't be arsed rules. If they own the car park then they can demand that the action by their subcontractor is cancelled at any time even if court claims have started. It's CEL that are saying they can't cancel because it's got to court, CEL cancel all the time.

I believe that they have failed to complete the form correctly in that the have failed to provide a name in the signature field.

They have failed to describe the debt in detail or what the driver alleged failed to do that transgressed their rules.

Write of to CEL NOW , tell them that you have not heard from them previously about this matter, you were not the driver at the time and they have failed to comply with the Protections of Freedoms Act to hold you liable. Demand that they send you all documents that they will be relying on in court so that you receive them, within 14 days.. Send this first class post with a certificate of postage from a Post Office.

Have you moved house recently?
        Last edited by ostell; 2nd July 2018, 12:34:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          They haven't identified the driver, they have identified the registered keeper, a different legal entity to the keeper and the driver. Edit your post so that the identity of the driver cannot be inferred.

Homebase are playing the can't be arsed rules. If they own the car park then they can demand that the action by their subcontractor is cancelled at any time even if court claims have started. It's CEL that are saying they can't cancel because it's got to court, CEL cancel all the time.

I believe that they have failed to complete the form correctly in that the have failed to provide a name in the signature field.

They have failed to describe the debt in detail or what the driver alleged failed to do that transgressed their rules.

Write of to CEL NOW , tell them that you have not heard from them previously about this matter, you were not the driver at the time and they have failed to comply with the Protections of Freedoms Act to hold you liable. Demand that they send you all documents that they will be relying on in court so that you receive them, within 14 days.. Send this first class post with a certificate of postage from a Post Office.

Have you moved house recently?
          Not moved recently no - I have just telephoned homebase who are saying it might be difficult due to not owning the Land! I asked them if the Directors are aware that these companies they are in allegiance with want to fine you the customer £330 for purchasing a bathroom suite in their store?

Obviously not she replied! what a joke

Has a law changed recently as a get out clause as not having to name the driver but the vehicle owner?

I have completed the online Acknowledgment of Service Request to give me more time to chip away at Homebase - I will submit a CPR 31.14 request to them now first class recorded

Thanks for your help so far

Comment

Well. Homebase are saying they will raise a cheque and will pay the fee but no confirmation as of yet from MCOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X