• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination and excess miles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary termination and excess miles

Hi, great website!
    I am going through this process with Ford. Waiting for the letter to tell me how much I owe for excess mileage.
    Great info on here already, but no one finishes their story! Is this possibly due to 'non disclosure agreements' ?
    I will write all my info in the appropriate forum when I get my next letter.
    Anyone gone through a VT with Ford before? Messages welcome! Thanks
    JJ
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Jamjars00 View Post
    Hi, great website!
    I am going through this process with Ford. Waiting for the letter to tell me how much I owe for excess mileage.
    Great info on here already, but no one finishes their story! Is this possibly due to 'non disclosure agreements' ?
    JJ
    Yes, I am still in the process 2yrs down the line. I have posted an update today. You can find the full thread here

84021-at-what-point-can-a-finance-company-pass-vt-excess-mileage-on-to-a-debt-collector

The upshot is that 2yrs down the line Link Financial the Ford appointed debt collection agent send me a text every 3 months to call them. They ask me to set up a payment plan. I dispute that there is any debt and they say they will get the "car team" or a "manager" to call me back. It has been 18 months they have never called me.

I have asked them to get on and take me to court. They don't.

I think my case may be in their "too hard to collect" folder but they seem happy to leave the account open and debt uncollected. They have not marked my credit file and we appear to be at stalemate.

I called them again today. Same message someone from their team will call me back. Nothing.

I am now trying to understand if there is anything I can do to hurry things along because I am moving to Oz in November otherwise I would happily leave it for another 4yrs and the ability for them to collect would pass.

Ill keep updating the thread as and when anything happens.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamjars00 View Post
      Hi, great website!
      JJ
      One thing it is worth checking.

On the handover note what was the stated condition of the car? The collectors should have checked the car over, given you a signed copy of a form with the mileage and condition on it. This protects you against a claim that you kept the car in an unreasonable condition if the note has the car in good condition and the mileage is written on the same form that they signed. My car was on 42000 (2yrs old with 15000 miles per year allowance) but it has a 60000 mile warranty so it is clear that the current mileage was not unreasonable.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X