• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting car on finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting car on finance

I have recently rejected my car which has been in for repair for same fault 7 times in the first 5 months I have owned it
    this has all been agreed by finance company and dealer
    my question is will I be refunded the full repayments I have already made over the last 5 months
    I have also had a courtesy car for last 2 weeks from the garage , but as they were unable to repair the car am I liable to pay the their £190 charges or should I tell them to pass this bill to the finance company as they have agreed to cover all out of pocket expenses while my car was in unuseable
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

As you have had the vehicle over thirty days the finance company may deduct an amount from your refund to reflect the usage you have had .

The finance company have agreed to reimburse you your expenses, so they should meet the cost of the hire car.
    If they don't you could initiate a court claim for damages sustained

All details contained in Consumer Rights Act 2015 (CRA 2015) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ntents/enacted

Comment

Should I give them a time limit to make me an offer of amount refundable

Comment

I would give them a couple of weeks to respond, but don't expect them to roll over!

Comment

Thanks for all your advice will let you know my outcome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X