• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help before set aside hearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help before set aside hearing

I found out that i had a ccj in January this year after applying for a remortgage. when i looked into it it was issued from Lowell to my previous address in May 2016. Prior to the i had no knowledge of it. I asked Lowell for info on it and they advised me it was from a shop direct account opened in 2002 with a last payment being made in natch 2010. I am not aware of this so i requested a SAR from shop direct i sent them £10 fee and i had no response. I wrote agai after 40 days and still no response. In the mean time i sent a n244 to court asking for a set aside and sent a witness statement advising that i know nothing about this and also that it was sent to my old address. I now have a hearing date 14th May. Today i recieved a statement from lowell saying how they will defend the claim. They include screenshots of letters sent to me all to addresses that i no longer lived at on the dates sent so i have never received any of these. They also say i made £10 a month payments to them between November 2011 and August 2012 which i didnt do. I have bank statements back to June 2012 to show this didnt happen. They said that they couldnt obtain an original agreement from shop direct as they dont have it so sent a terms and conditions showing what it would have been like. They are saying that i should have kept them up to date with addresss however this was never possible as i never received anything from them...i would really appreciate some advice on this before i go to court. Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X