• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Misleading Information On Defence Form To MCOL Northampton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misleading Information On Defence Form To MCOL Northampton

If a defendant puts misleading or untrue info on a defence form returned to Money Claim Online small claims court.
    Can it be struck out?

Their defence submission:

The defendant purchased a secondhand February 2015 ***** ' ********' caravan (chassis number *******) on 13th September 2016.The caravan was manufactured new with a standard painted steel chassis which carries a two year warranty from the date of manufacturing.He raised his claim on the 1st September 2017 (outside 2 years)and both **** the manufacturer, and **** Leisure the supplying dealer, examined the claim by Mr ******* and considered it to be fair 'wear and tear'. However, they offered on the 10th October 2017,to undertake one application of new paint as gesture of good will because the caravan was outside normal standard warranty parameters (2+ years old). However, Mr ***** has refused to accept this. Just to be clear, the chassis warranty expired in February 2017.

1. The date of purchase is wrong. We Purchased one month later than that date.

2. The guarantee of 2 years on a chassis was with held from us at the point of sale and a lesser guarantee was given.

3. I accepted their offer subject to the job being done properly and a warranty on that work supplied equivalent to what other chassis repair companies are offering, I simply refused the offer of a one coat over rust solution as not acceptable.

4. Plus the obvious bit, I am the claimant and not the defendant as they wrongly say.

Should I wait for this to go to court or do I have to speak up first and disclose the mistakes and deliberately misleading remarks?

Any advice would be most welcome as this is my first ever claim via a court.

Regards Scorpioman
    Tags: None

Re: Misleading Information On Defence Form To MCOL Northampton

Anyone able to advise?

Comment

You don't start challenging the defence in the way you seem to be suggesting.

You may issue a "reply to the defence" which gives you the opportunity to respond to any points in the defence which were not dealt with in the claim or particulars of claim.
      This would be filed and served at the same time as returning the directions questionnaire.
      The discrepancies in their defence should be made clear from your witness statement and exhibits

a useful link if this is your first foray into the courts
      https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wpconte...+web+FINAL.pdf

Comment

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X