• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WARNING re TRAIN GENIUS (linked to TRAVELSUPERMARKET) BUYERS BEWARE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING re TRAIN GENIUS (linked to TRAVELSUPERMARKET) BUYERS BEWARE

WARNING - PLEASE DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH THESE "TRAIN GENIUS" (LINKED WITH TRAVELSUPERMARKET)

I ordered train tickets online from "TrainGenius" (part of Travelsupermarket) and paid £41.50. Tickets were to be posted by Royal Mail and reach me in "3-5 working days". Tickets didn't turn up in that time frame. I phoned the number given on their website to enquire as to their whereabouts and after 5 minutes on hold spoke to "Chanel".

Chanel said she would have to speak to her supervisor, and put me on hold (another 8 minutes). She came back and told me, to my absolute dismay that "there is nothing we can do". I asked her to confirm that what she in fact meant was "tough luck mate, your tickets are lost/haven't been posted and you've lost your money" - and she did!

I asked to speak to her supervisor and was put on hold again (9 minutes this time), before a Mitch Longmuir from the Arbroath call centre came on the line. To cut a very long discussion short, he washed his grubby hands of all responsibility and repeated the "not our fault, nothing we can do" mantra. He refused to refund me, refused to send out another set of tickets, refused to send out a replacement set of tickets even if I paid again for them to be sent Royal Mail Special Delivery this time and indeed refused to help in any way, shape or form. He insisted my problem was with Royal Mail, not TrainGenius. He was the most unhelpful customer care individual I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

I informed him my dispute was with TrainGenius, whom I'd paid £41.50 for train tickets I hadn't received, and explained the law as I see it to Mr. Mitch Longmiur, in that my contract was with TrainGenius, whom I paid my money to, and NOT Royal Mail. Mr. Longmiur had a real problem understanding this, and perhaps has been promoted to a position that is well beyond his capabilities, or is in need of further training, or both.

As it is, the conversation ended with Mr. Mitch Longmuir refusing point blank to refund me or send replacement tickets or help in any way. Apparently, if you pay £41.50 to TrainGenius for train tickets (part of Travelsupermarket) and they don't send them or they don't turn up - TOUGH! This company STEAL money from customers and treat them with utter contempt. .
    Last edited by Amethyst; 25th October 2017, 10:23:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: WARNING re TRAIN GENIUS (linked to TRAVELSUPERMARKET) BUYERS BEWARE

Traingenius.com is operated by Assertis Ltd. Assertis ltd is a private limited company.
    Director is
    Alistair Byron LEES
    Globe House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom, ME14 3EN

Can't find any link to Travel Supermarket

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

sorry found where T. supermarket are saying they have 'teemed up with them' -give us a sec

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried sending an email here?
      Send us your feedback: travelsupermarketfeedback@traingenius.com
      Keep everything in writing.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Hi,

Click on this link and go to the bottom. You'll see Travelsupermarket source their train tickets from TrainGenius.....

http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/train-tickets/

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
        sorry found where T. supermarket are saying they have 'teemed up with them' -give us a sec

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried sending an email here?
        Send us your feedback: travelsupermarketfeedback@traingenius.com
        Keep everything in writing.
        Many thanks PAWS.

Comment

Right at the bottom left hand side of the MS page you will see this box:
          Useful Information & Links

» About Us
          » Contact Us
          » Frequently Asked Questions
          » Privacy Policy
          » Terms and Conditions
          » Online Dispute Resolution
          Hit the online dispute resolution if MS won’t play ball.

~ Anonymous

Comment

Right at the bottom left hand side of the MS page you will see this box:
            Useful Information & Links

» About Us
            » Contact Us
            » Frequently Asked Questions
            » Privacy Policy
            » Terms and Conditions
            » Online Dispute Resolution
            Hit the online dispute resolution if MS won’t play ball.
            I most certainly will PAWS - thank you for your advice.

Comment

sock it to them and good luck!
              Px

~ Anonymous

Comment

sock it to them and good luck!
                Px
                Email now sent to the address you provided PAWS. The main crux of the email is thus:

I would bring your attention to the following:

Section 29 of The Consumer Rights Act 2015
                :

29 Passing of risk

(1) A sales contract is to be treated as including the following provisions as terms.
                (2) The goods remain at the trader's risk until they come into the physical possession of—
                (a) the consumer, or

(b) a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods.

I note that TrainGenius's T&Cs do include the term:

"We shall not be liable to you by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the Service, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control. If we fail to deliver your ticket in sufficient time before your departure and such failure was within our control or we have been negligent, then you should contact us. Any reimbursement will be limited to the cost of the replacement ticket."

However I am reliably informed a company's terms cannot over-rule a consumer's statutory rights, and that there is case-law to prove this. No doubt TicketGenius would say that Royal Mail's failure (if indeed the tickets were posted in the first place) is 'beyond our reasonable control', but Section 29 of the Consumer Rights Act clearly trumps that.

I would like to give you the opportunity to do one of the following prior to my commencing action via Small Claims Court;

a) Refund my payment in full
                b) Send replacement train tickets, ensuring they reach me by Wednesday 1st November at the very latest

I wait in anticipation of your reply by return.

Comment

Surprise Surprise, just 3 hours after I sent an email to Traingenius detailing the situation and the legal/consumer points above (email copied to Citizens Advice, my MP, my MSP, Govan Law Centre and others) I have received a call from "John", a customer service manager with Traingenius.

Guess what? John has apologised profusely and stated that the tickets CAN be re-issued and sent to me, contrary to what their sneering ill-informed adviser told me yesterday. That was all I asked for in the first place, replacement tickets. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

John is calling me back this afternoon. I'll update later. Thanks again PAWS. Could be a small victory for the man on the street in the face of corporate deception and greed.

It's a shame you have to threaten them with legal action before they are inclined to do the decent thing.

Comment

Update:

The very pleasant John Ferguson has called and again he apologised profusely. He told me I shouldn't have been treated/spoken to the way I was. He admitted that the Team Leader I spoke to yesterday was rude and undertrained (they had perhaps listened to the recording of the call) and further admitted that the information I'd been given re who was liable for the tickets was false. He's arranging for me to pick replacement tickets up at my departure train station on the day of my journey and will confirm the details by email.

Having vented my spleen yesterday re Traingenius and their "Team Leader" Mitch Longmuir in particular, I feel it only fair that I fully praise John Ferguson for the way he has handled the matter. He was polite, efficient and keen to reach resolution. Credit to him. That's all we ask for from service providers when things go wrong, isn't it?

I would encourage anyone who receives a poor service (or in my case no service and a tissue of lies) to name and shame the companies and individuals who do so. It's the only way they are going to learn that their poor service and deceit will not be tolerated.

Comment

An email received now:

Dear Mr XXXXXX,

Thank you for your email.

I'm sorry to hear that tickets for the booking made under ref: XXXXXXXXXXdidn't arrive within the time frame expected.

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Traingenius Team for the level of service you have received in this instance. I assure you that this is not indicative of the high level of service that we aim to provide our customers and can assure you that the staff who you had spoken to will have any knowledge gap identified and addressed.

I understand that a senior member of the team has also been in contact by phone this morning to discuss the issue with you and that a replacement set of tickets has been arranged for collection at the station. An email with details of the replacement booking has ben sent, but I just wanted to confirm that the tickets can be collected using reference number XXXXXXXXXXXX and any credit or debit card.

Once again I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you and hope that you find future dealings with us much more pleasant.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca
                      Customer Service Team

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X