• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Uploading a file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading a file

Everytime I have tried to upload a document via advanced options it goes through the percentages and then says "server error" and the manage attachments pop up crashes. Please can you tell me if this is a common issue at the moment or what to do to resolve this. Please do not ask me to email you the document cos you have it already
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Uploading a file

Yeah I get that problem too......

What??? Did you expect a technical answer from me!?!

"Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

What sort of file is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
        Yeah I get that problem too......

What??? Did you expect a technical answer from me!?!

Nah, I expected HELP or do I have to go to another site and upload it there and link the thread there to here? cos that would be stooopid

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
          What sort of file is it?
          PNG file which I then printed scanned and tried to repost on here. It didn't work.

Comment

Try putting it into paint and saving as a jpeg and uploading it. It may be a way round it.

Comment

Could site team just take a look at upload failures if that is recorded "back office" and simply tell me that the item was too large? that might be simpler than dancing around in my underpants chucking stuff at the puter

Comment

Nope that's not recorded

But it probably is too big. I had a similar prob recently and had to resize the document to make it work.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                  Nope that's not recorded

But it probably is too big. I had a similar prob recently and had to resize the document to make it work.
                  Here's going with labman's suggestion....fingers and toes are crossed

Thank you thank you Mr Labman

Only took me about 50,000 copies of it to do it....now to do some deleting
                  Attached Files

Comment

Did a bit of experimenting for you with different png file sizes--very odd results!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frame_square_beech.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1156382

The above frame was 505kb--but the upload knocked it down to 15.9kb ??????????

Name:	bg.png
Size:	820.0 KB
ID:	1156383

The above scene was 820kb and the upload kept it at 820kb ??????????

Name:	Soccer ball.jpg
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1156384

The above ball was 1215kb but upload knocked it down to 22kb?????????

An attempt at uploaded a file of 2311kb did not work

Turbs

Comment

Better suggestion is to convert to a PDF file.

Comment

I certainly agree plodd

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                        Better suggestion is to convert to a PDF file.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                          PNG file which I then printed scanned and tried to repost on here. It didn't work.
                          PNG files tend to be larger than JPEGs, virtually every application will save as JPEG: mobile phones, scanners, cameras, etc. Depending on the program you're using, you may be able to adjust the resolution and/or quality of the output to produce a smaller file. Of course if you go to far you end up with very poor quality.

Comment

According to the info given when trying to upload PNG files are restricted to 4GB but max size is 800x600.

Comment

I think the info is awry Plodd--for instance--NOW(since upgrade I suppose) if you go above around 420kb on JPG--it won't load either

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X