• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

spam and pop ups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spam and pop ups

Yesterday I noticed two spam posts on the whats new, list, sell phones and hi tech stuff, they quickly went but how do you report them now could not see the tab on this new box?
    Today on logging in to review a pm and posts I got a "pop up" telling me I had been specially selected in my "area" to "win" and I pad! (it said Peterborough which is over 100 miles away!)
    I have use of two computers, this lap top and a Sam-sung tablet (not a phone).
    Can Admin pick up and look into this?
    Thank you
    DT
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: spam and pop ups

Every post has a RIP (Report Inappropriate Post) link.
    It's the ! in a triangle on the bottom bar under the post in question.

As for pop ups on your machine, make sure it's cleaned out and you don't have any adware.
    Using tools such as CCleaner and Malwarebytes do a good job of this.
    Both are freebies and worth a punt..

Comment

Found it! thank you!

Comment

I've found that AVG is very good at removing adware, malware and rootkits. There is a free version you can download. A 1-year licence is very reasonably-priced, less than £30.00.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

DT I will PM you the link to spybot, its free safe and i swear by it

Comment

Unfortunately Spybot has become over bloated as the years have gone on and better alternatives are now available, as I already mentioned

Comment

Had a CD from a magazine will try that on my lap top may have to look up for android!
              Just worried that the spammers had got in again as sometimes I am awake early hours and on previous version they used to appear then

Comment

ok ran scan on lap top and insralled a free malwear blocker, nothing found strangely!
                android has a choice so trying an avg free version!
                thank you every one! It was mainly the spam posts appearing on the time line that prompted this but has made me do something I meant to do for ages!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X