• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Please!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please!!!!!!

I need an idiots guide to posting a link so that when you post, instead of showing the entire link, it just says click HERE and that takes you to a new window where the link is.

PLEASE can someone post one up.

Thanks for a technical wazzock!
    Tags: None

Re: Help Please!!!!!!

Here you go.
    The code version
    HTML Code:
    [ URL="http://www.whereever.com"]Click Here[ /URL]
    Otherwise:
    Type your title
    Highlight it
    Click the World icon which will wrap the address of the link
    Job done.

Comment

If ever we meet, I owe you a pint - thank you!

Comment

Still struggling! I want this link:

http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/docs...nt_Charges.pdf

purely to read 'Fee Scales'

How should this look?

Comment

like this

HTML Code:
          [ url="http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/docs/Enforcement_Agent_Charges.pdf"]Free Scales[ /url]
          Just need to remove the spaces after the [..

If you are in the default editor it will just say Free Scales

Comment

Done it! Cheers!

Comment

I've always wanted to know how to do that!! LOL

Thanks
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

same here as well and I was taught by someone who thought I was an idiot and still got it wrong :o
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post

Thanks
                  Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  same here as well and I was taught by someone who thought I was an idiot and still got it wrong :o
                  Well, if anyone had seen me trying to do it yesterday, I had to save and then re-edit the thread about 20 times to make it work, and that was with the exact script in front of me pmsl! Took me ages to work out this multi-quoting as well.

Maybe we should have a dummies guide. I happily admit to being a total and utter numpty!

Comment

Can't do multi quoting, but can use Red ink like a teacher :o

Comment

Multi quoting is not hard. BEFORE you click reply, click the button immediately to the right of the "QUOTE" button on any posts you wish to quote from, THEN click the REPLY button. You'll find the quotations already there waiting to be edited as you wish.

Just make sure you click the messages to be quoted in the order you want them to appear.

Go on - have a go! You know you want to show off! lol

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        Multi quoting is not hard. BEFORE you click reply, click the button immediately to the right of the "QUOTE" button on any posts you wish to quote from, THEN click the REPLY button. You'll find the quotations already there waiting to be edited as you wish.
                        Is this right
                        Just make sure you click the messages to be quoted in the order you want them to appear.
                        or another f up?
                        Go on - have a go! You know you want to show off! lol
                        First attempt at multi quoting :o

EDIT: Village Idiot's guide required now.........

Comment

LOL!

1. Click box immediately to the right of the QUOTE button on first post you want to quote (if you hover over it, it says mutli quote this message)

2. Repeat number one with a different post

3. Click reply - you should see the two posts quoted there. If you don't you've gone wrong.

4. Edit the quotes as you wish, make Smart Alec comments and click SUBMIT POST

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                            LOL!

1. Click box immediately to the right of the QUOTE button on first post you want to quote (if you hover over it, it says mutli quote this message)

2. Repeat number one with a different post

3. Click reply - you should see the two posts quoted there. If you don't you've gone wrong.

4. Edit the quotes as you wish, make Smart Alec comments and click SUBMIT POST
                            que?

Originally posted by Celestine View Post

Thanks

Could not have said it better
                            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                            Right now to see if I can do what you were asking about
                            Last edited by leclerc; 22nd February 2012, 13:30:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                              Here you go.
                              The code version
                              HTML Code:
                              [ URL="http://www.whereever.com"]Click Here[ /URL]
                              Otherwise:
                              Type your title
                              Highlight it
                              Click the World icon which will wrap the address of the link
                              Job done.
                              I always add the bold type attribute to my links.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X