• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wasted costs order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasted costs order

Hi, May I first say well done the site is looking good. The template letters are good and people are very helpful. I have a couple of questions to ask. Firstly can a list be stickied in the templates library, listing the order in which the letters are sent, with the timescale noted so people don't get ahead of themselves. Secondly my main query is the wasted costs order. Do I submit this to the bank or the court. Do I submit it after the case is won. I am finding this a grey area, I want to include it with my court bundle but as its a costs order I will not be sure how much of my time is wasted until after the court date, please help.

Best wishes,
    Hod..Liam...
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Hi Hod
    re Wasted Costs
    I have placed a thread which details how i went about my wasted costs
    Following what happened with my case I am looking at other ways of including it, such as in the POC.
    I submitted mine to the court when I told them the bank had settled.

You can have a look at how I went about it and what happened.
    It will probably be weekend before I get chance to think of how my case could have been better arranged or progressed

Hope they are some help

Paul

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...html#post11969

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...html#post12683

Comment

Thanks Paul,
      I had a look and now I am more relaxed and assured that I am doing the right things, in the proper order.

Best Wishes,
      Hod..Liam...
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

No probs,
        If you want any further detail on any points or what happened in court, just give me a shout.

Paul

Comment

Hiya Pkea

Not sure you could include the wasted costs in the POC , you are in effect `pre-judging` the banks actions , saying you know they will settle . Mot sure this would go down well with a Judge .

A wasted costs order is also for the costs incurred before settlement , how could you work out a figure before knowing when they will settle and what costs you may incur in that time.

You could make it a point of acceptance of an offer I suppose .

i.e " I accept your offer of £xxxxx on the condition you cover the wasted costs incurred of £xxxx. Which I request be added to my settlement figure , once received i will file notice of discontinuance for this claim with the court and forward a copy to yourselves"
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Could you not just make provision for it without actually putting an amount, like you do with S69 interest, PK tried to claim at the point of settlement and failed so there must be an earlier point at which it can be included, even if you don't know the amount.

Springing it on them when they make you the settlement offer is moving the goal posts a bit isn't it?

Comment

I sent an email to Monument on 13th July asking them to settle as court date is17th August. I asked for the total claims and £30 court cost.
              I also added that I would accept this until the time I had to do a court bundle, then I would also add interest and the cost of the bundle in my claim.
              The reply was he couldn't settle my claim yet, he had other cases to settle with an earlier court date. He also advised me to follow the court process.
              As far as I am concerned I have warned them I will be claiming costs for the bundle and I will.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                I sent an email to Monument on 13th July asking them to settle as court date is17th August. I asked for the total claims and £30 court cost.
                I also added that I would accept this until the time I had to do a court bundle, then I would also add interest and the cost of the bundle in my claim.
                The reply was he couldn't settle my claim yet, he had other cases to settle with an earlier court date. He also advised me to follow the court process.
                As far as I am concerned I have warned them I will be claiming costs for the bundle and I will.
                OOOOhhhh, excellent Enaid, you go girl.

Are you well, I hope so

Take care

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X