• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trump Watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Watch

Thought I'd start a thread about all things President Donald J Trump.

Here's an audio of yesterday's travel ban appeal hearing.

Tags: None

Re: Trump Watch

I actually like trump don't like a lot of his policies but at least hes straight calls a spade a spade

Comment

I did listen to a part of this one and it was quite interesting. This one was related specifically to the imposition of a blanket injunction to prevent his ban on 7 countries.

In terms of the judge in Washington, he did say that there was no cases in the US from those 7 countries named(that's not correct btw).
      Was reading this one this morning

http://wdtn.com/2017/02/06/fact-chec...ban-countries/

Another issue trump has is with fake news so I will put here a link that Trump tweeted this morning about that:
      http://thefederalist.com/2017/02/06/...nce-trump-won/
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        I actually like trump don't like a lot of his policies but at least hes straight calls a spade a spade
        I agree that straight talking is good, but the question is does he do straight dealing?

Comment

Comment

Recently he has spoken about how long it took to get people into post. The longest wait currently on record is 161 days
            https://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/...ent-president/

Comment

am just enjoying watching the remixes.

The pink floydd ones are scary.
              crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Ok so we have a decision which Trump is calling political.
                He tweeted after the case was lost in capitals: "SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!"

This morning he appears to have only half read an article on Lawfare about the case because he says this: "LAWFARE: "Remarkably, in the entire opinion, the panel did not bother even to cite this (the) statute." A disgraceful decision!"

Thankfully, I've read the article and here is the link to that article: https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-read...ircuit-opinion

In case anyone wants to read the judgement in full then here it is at the bottom of this page: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...xecutive-order

Comment

I think President Trump is seriously disturbed and cannot read English.
                  He has just tweeted this: "The failing @nytimes does major FAKE NEWS China story saying "Mr.Xi has not spoken to Mr. Trump since Nov.14." We spoke at length yesterday!"

Here is the paragraph which is about China's one nation policy. The article was about the phone call.

"The concession was clearly designed to put an end to an extended chill in the relationship between China and the United States. Mr. Xi, stung by Mr. Trump’s unorthodox telephone call with the president of Taiwan in December and his subsequent assertion that the United States might no longer abide by the One China policy, had not spoken to Mr. Trump since Nov. 14, the week after he was elected."
                  Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/w...ng-letter.html

I have to say that fact checking President Trump is getting easier and easier.

Comment

Well, didnt international news used to be boring before trump.

On the brexit front ( i voted remain but fully acsept leaving, just from a business finace perspective )

Could not have worked out better for us and worse for the rest of the EU

Am horrified with most of Trumps actions but i thinkl most of the press are not accounting for the fact hes doing exactly what he told his supportes he would do, and they will support him for doing it.

I love the fake news prospective that hes using, theres a Jonathan Pie ytoutube skit thats both darkly funny and accurate called The Inauguration of Trump.
                    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Rory Bremner does a great Trump.

http://news.sky.com/video/bremner-on...nique-10736615

Comment

still brilliant

Comment

Have to say that I have some admiration for Trump and have every confidence, if he is allowed to do so, will become a great leader. It is clear that there was never going to be a 'honeymoon period' and that is exactly what we have seen, talk into action from day one.

Yes, he is unconventional, hard hitting and tact will never be his middle name, but if people want dramatic change then dramatic change, by simple definition, is never going to be classed as 'conventional'.

Globally, the world is slowly but surely imploding with acts of savagery and some rulers of tyranny that we have not seen for many years. And many countries are surely becoming 'melting pots' of national change. Trump sees that and simply wants to see it stop. It must be remembered that he was elected by the majority to do just that, although many will argue that doesn't hold true.

As for Brexit, I hear it's finally been revealed that the majority of supporters did back it on the immigration issue and we should not be afraid to state if we agree with that. The UK is very much unique in the way that we treat our citizens but if we end up sharing that with the rest of the world, that uniqueness will become dead by its simple eradication. Perhaps we should ask ourselves why so many young people are becoming seriously disillusioned and depressed at their future lives? IF it's all doom and gloom for them, what will it be like for the next generation? Life was massively simpler growing up in the 50s and 60s ... aspirations were simpler and a lot more ordered. I suspect that has all been lost today and a complicated society will never be as happy as an uncomplicated one.

Comment

Snoopy
                            While everyone is entitled to an opinion I think yours maybe just as delusional as I think Trump is. He is dangerous misogynistic idiot who will do focus on what he believes will do America good. He seems to forget the world has changed and by making the USA isolationist , long term he will harm the country and allow Putin and the Chinese to prosper - not necessarily bad for the world but bad for America

I read a rather alarming article yesterday that claimed because the share of the vote held by the far right was below 25% we had nothing to fear. think just looking at the rise of HItler is enough to prove that wrong

1928=2.6%
                            1930=18.25%
                            July 1932 =37.27
                            Nov 1932= 33.09
                            March 1933= 43.09
                            Nov 1933= 92% - yeah right

Comment

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
                              Emma Lazarus
                              Quote on the statue of Liberty.

I once stood in an almost deserted hall in the old immigrant processing building on Ellis Island. A perpetual air of hope and the echoes of many different languages still lingers in the air and one does not need to be too fanciful to imagine the waves of eager people shuffling up the steps. Some came with nothing except hope. In the museum, the recollections of some of those immigrants is recorded. One said he was asked if he had $15; the minimum amount required at that time. He nodded but actually did not have 15 cents. ‘I just hoped they would not ask me to produce the money’ he later admitted.
                              Another man wrote that when he got to America he discovered 3 things; The streets were not paved with gold, they were not paved at all and he was expected to pave them.
                              The people who built America, the people who laid the foundations of a country that the Trumps would later use to make a fortune, came without qualifications, money and often no more than a basic knowledge of English. Many were considered criminals in their home country and many. Like Einstein, were refugees. Many cultures. many languages, many religions.

Now Americans,the descendants of these immigrants, feel they should pull up the drawbridge which is fair enough. It is their country after all but to discriminate as they are doing is an abomination. There is also the question of those who have already made their home there and now feel under threat. This will simply result in resident Muslims and Hispanics forming tight communities and then being accused of ghettoising themselves adding to the air of mistrust and suspicion.
                              Trump was elected but so was Hitler (although with a smaller majority!) Many (and please note I say many and not all or most) Americans do not accept the theory of evolution and many do not accept that Jesus Christ was an Arab. They insist he was a pale skinned blue eyed Aryan chap. Sure would stand out in the Middle East 2k years ago! What is terrifying is that their opinion of Muslims is too similar to the Nazi’s attitude towards Jews.
                              If Great Britain had taken the same action against Catholics when the IRA were Bombing mainland Britain how would you have felt? Proud? Safe?

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                              ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X