• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Olympics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympics

Don't think we doing as well as expected but then again not doing too bad imho.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]Medal standings
    [/COLOR]
    Country
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]1[/COLOR]

United States
    11 11 10 32
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]2[/COLOR]

China
    10 5 8 23
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]3[/COLOR]

Japan
    6 1 11 18
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]4[/COLOR]

Australia
    5 3 5 13
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]5[/COLOR]

Hungary
    5 1 1 7

Great Britain
    3 4 6 13

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]All countries[/COLOR]

Must add I know chaps laugh at women and the lack of understanding on the 'off side ' rule in football, trust me if women were remotely interested they would make it a priority to understand it. lol.
    While I neither know nor care, there are other sports I feel the same way about, one being Judo, jeez trying to fling each other about while taking their clothes off for 3 minutes and getting 'nil points, exactly that, pontless.
    Ping pong is another, bloody ell lol
    Other than that I can tolerate most especially if we are involved and have enjoyed the games so far, have you?
    Tags: None

Re: Olympics

It depends how you rank it.

As I post we're 10th in terms of golds but 6th in total medals. I think they should rank it by giving 3 points for gold, 2 for silver etc and rank by the number of points to give a more accurate ranking myself.

Comment

who cares?

Comment

Fed up reading headlines making out the medal winners are heroes and doing this for TeamGB they are there for themselves and the money most of them will make after wonder how many pay back the public and lottery money that got them there.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
          Fed up reading headlines making out the medal winners are heroes and doing this for TeamGB they are there for themselves and the money most of them will make after wonder how many pay back the public and lottery money that got them there.
          Jeez Wales a bit harsh me thinks how many make nothing form their chosen sport ?
          Things like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37016170 make me sick and all in the name of sport, i think not.

Comment

For me the Olympics is all about getting there and the vast majority of those that dedicate years of their lives trying to don't make it and don't make a bean trying. For the few that do, good luck to them.

Comment

We are ahead of where we were in 2012 at the comparative stage as well as leading in the amount of 4th place

M1

Comment

Shame about the Russian controversy.

Anyone remember Akmudov?

https://mlkshk-ada.kxcdn.com/r/12DK5
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Have to admit, my interest in the 2016 Olympics has not even been luke warm this year but tonight my ears pricked up as I heard on the ten o'clock news that we had risen to 2nd in the table and that made me think that to rise up above countries such as Japan, Russia, China and Germany is actually one hell of an achievement .... Shame about Jessica Ennis-Hill announcing her retirement though..... I'll miss her on them Santander ads with the sausage dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy1948 View Post
                    I heard on the ten o'clock news that we had risen to 2nd in the table and that made me think that to rise up above countries such as Japan, Russia, China and Germany is actually one hell of an achievement
                    I totally agree. At Atlanta 1996 we won a single gold medal and finished 36th in the table which prompted the Government of the day to award sport direct lottery funding, which is generally accepted as the main reason for the turnaround of our success in London & Rio.

Success in sport is good. It benefits the economy, lifts the spirit of the nation and inspires its citizens to participate, improving nation's health.

Comment

Spare a thought for me. When Michelle de Bruin won three gold medals for Ireland in 1996 I danced a jig in front of my English sport mad husband. Then she was banned for tampering with her urine sample indicating some sort of substance was responsible. Then when we won a show jumping gold in Athens it was taken away because the f’n horse was drugged! Mind you, we are good at boxing. Just two problems there -I totally object to boxing so can neither watch nor celebrate and we tend to fight better when we are drunk which is sort of against the rules!
                      Fair play though -very good show GB. Bit of national pride sorely needed at the moment. Thank heaven for the lottery funding.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                      ~ Anonymous

Comment

PING PONG, forget it, cast yer mind back folks to the day on the beach and the donkey ride. You gave all your pocket money to become a champion jockey for about 5 minutes. Truth is that there donkey could be begged, bribed or beaten and it would go no faster nor farther than it wanted to. That is what puts equestrian sport in perspective for me a short film on this link shows what I mean https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-gold-dressage.
                        Magnifico imho.

Oh and as a side, aren't we doing well lol

Comment

Can’t understand why my OH is obsessed with women’s beach volleyball. He stayed up late to watch it the other night and he must have cried when his favourites lost because there were a few tissues discarded by his armchair.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                          ~ Anonymous

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
                              Spare a thought for me. When Michelle de Bruin won three gold medals for Ireland in 1996 I danced a jig in front of my English sport mad husband. Then she was banned for tampering with her urine sample indicating some sort of substance was responsible. Then when we won a show jumping gold in Athens it was taken away because the f’n horse was drugged! Mind you, we are good at boxing. Just two problems there -I totally object to boxing so can neither watch nor celebrate and we tend to fight better when we are drunk which is sort of against the rules!
                              Fair play though -very good show GB. Bit of national pride sorely needed at the moment. Thank heaven for the lottery funding.
                              Not for the Mary Whitehouse followers

https://twitter.com/paddypower/statu...64234046537728

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X