• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NHS Appontments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHS Appontments

My wife has sever arthritis and her GP referred her to a musculo skeletal extended practitioner physiotherapist, but no appointment was forthcoming, over 4 months the Dr. called the physio unit at least once a week.

We are now receiving appoints at the rate of one every other day to attend centres all over north east Essex even though she has been seen Tuesday this week and referred for urgent surgery.

It seem calls made by the GP have All been logged by different personnel ( same office ) and each one has made an appointment.

Two letters today one for a unit 35 miles away a 0730 in the morning and another for a unit 2o miles in the opposite direction for 0900 tomorrow.

The new NHS interactive patient record system went live in this area Feb. this year and was claimed to be the answer to all the delays in making appointments and placing records with the appropriate clinic.

The mind boggles!!

nem
    Tags: None

Re: NHS Appontments

Don't get me down this road, am sick to the back teeth of cancelled appointments, some the day after the appointment was received by us in another letter.
    Countless letters from GP re medical reviews, a generic letter so they send them regardless if you need a review or not.
    What a complete waste of money and time and no wonder NHS is skint.
    Not knocking hospital nursing staff or Drs although I have in the past. The whole administration system needs a thorough clean up and the dead wood got shot of once and for all.
    As most situations for follow up start at the GPs lets start with them because ours is bloody hopeless at times,
    Getting past the chief medical officer on reception for starters lol
    The prescriptions jeez all 3 of us are on regular meds and the scripts go in all at the same time, but because our Drs say some are doing more scripts than others in the practice they go to different Drs to be signed off, so often they are ready on different days and always 48 hrs and after 4 from when they go in.
    Most of our Drs are now part time so getting a rapport with any of them is impossible now, let alone get a chance of an appointment with the same Dr ever again.
    Rant over till I need Dr again lol

Comment

Totally agree Enaid,

The Dr's receptionists at my GP's are usually very good, but a recent new receptionist decided she knew more about my meds regime that my GP ( a close friend of 30 years +) and deleted a drug from my files as I have 2 strengths of Amitriptyline to control CNS and peripheral nerve pain caused by a parachuting accident in my 30' s he told me that " you can't have two different strengths of the same medicine as you might abuse the drug,

Bearing in mind that I qualified in pharmacy in 1966 and went on to a Ph.D all or which is documented with my records military and civilian together with a note that I manage my own meds the stupid woman would not back down until firmly slapped down by the practice manager.

She now ignores me when I visit the surgery.

At least you are guaranteed an appointment on the day you phone and there's still home visits on the day as well I don't know of another practice that still does this.

Although the practice is our village which my wife uses has a 2 2 week wait for appointments and appointments for a blood test take 7-10 days with a nurse.

The docs in that practice seem to believe that taking blood is beneath them!

It's good to rant imo.

Comment

I have never had blood taken by a Doctor or had any problems with any Doctor or medical professional in all my years

Comment

Another appointment letter received this morning we have I think 7-8 now all bar 3 for next week at different locations,

A call to the appointments unit yesterday revealed that they have no records of any referrals for my wife???

Comment

I am tired of NHS staff using ‘cut backs’ as an excuse for bad manners and incompetence. I believe it is the 5th largest employer in the world. More than 1.7 million staff. So,assuming there are roughly 65 million people living in the UK that is one NHS employee for every 3.8 people. Now one has to ask -what the f they doing all day! Breast feeding clip boards and moaning about how ‘over worked’ they are. It is simply badly managed top heavy and a national disgrace.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
            ~ Anonymous

Comment

Two recent visits to the X Ray dept. of our local University Hospital were an eye opener, one guy came out of an office carrying a piece of yellow paper he slowly made his way along the corridor and disappeared, 5 mins later he comes back with same paper and enters the office.
              Some ten minutes later he appears again, same paper same route same return journey. I did wonder what he was doing on the first visit but when the same routine appeared two weeks later it was quite weird, he spoke to no one in passing other " staff" is that odd?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Two recent visits to the X Ray dept. of our local University Hospital were an eye opener, one guy came out of an office carrying a piece of yellow paper he slowly made his way along the corridor and disappeared, 5 mins later he comes back with same paper and enters the office.
                Some ten minutes later he appears again, same paper same route same return journey. I did wonder what he was doing on the first visit but when the same routine appeared two weeks later it was quite weird, he spoke to no one in passing other " staff" is that odd?

nem
                Not for the NHS !

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  I have never had blood taken by a Doctor or had any problems with any Doctor or medical professional in all my years
                  An admirable example of what clean living & a guilt free conscience can achieve!

Oh.......sorry Wales, I didn't notice you were the poster......:taunt:

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X