• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A Consumer Warning URGENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Consumer Warning URGENT

I have just received a phone call from an old friend who bought 2 electric fan heaters from a Wilko store prior to Christmas one of these heaters burst into flames almost immediately after switching on the other she tells me just sparked, smoked and died on switching on.

Clearly these machines have inherent electrical faults and should not be used.

If anyone has any similar experiences please let me know. I will be speaking to the COO and Lisa Wilkinson tomorrow.

nem
    Tags: None

Re: A Consumer Warning URGENT

Recall list

http://www.tradingstandards.uk/advic...ecall-list.cfm

Comment

Apparently these appliances are " Tall Oval " in shape.
      Going to see if I can find the Wilko catalogue and get
      details.

nem

Comment

Seems to be a " Beldray" 1000-2000W White only fan heater ( no recall data shown.)

nem

Comment

Sounds perhaps like the £10 one?

http://www.wilko.com/icat/heaters

http://www.wilko.com/heaters/beldray-fan-heater-white-10002000w/invt/0334610

Assuming store stock is same as online, which is not always the case.

EDIT: Cross posted with Nem above.
          Last edited by Nibbler; 28th December 2015, 11:09:AM. Reason: cross posting

Comment

[QUOTE=Nibbler;605111]Sounds perhaps like the £10 one?

http://www.wilko.com/icat/heaters

Assuming store stock is same as online, which is not always the case.

Look like they only sell 2 fan heaters Nib.

nem

Comment

Exactly, and only one of those is tall and oval. Again, assuming description is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                Exactly, and only one of those is tall and oval. Again, assuming description is accurate.
                The lady concerned was seriously frightened but quick thinking and unplugged the appliance and smothered the flames without
                coming to harm.

Looks like my project for the week!!

nem

Comment

Can't see anything re: fault/recall on manufacturer's website either.

Comment

These are the 4 Beldray heaters available online from Wilko

Attached Files
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                      These are the 4 Beldray heaters available online from Wilko

Yes, missed those extra 2 without 'fan' in main page description.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X