• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I Am A Non Smoker!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am A Non Smoker!!!!!!

Posted this on one of Natties threads, but as I have still stopped I thought I deserved a thread of my own about it!!

I gave up smoking on Friday and have not had one since - loads of the Nicotinell gum though!
    I came to a point where I hated smoking, hated enjoying it (?) hated being forced outside at work. Hated having to smoke to answer the phone, open a letter, read a book, be on the computer in fact hated having to smoke because I am awake! And even waking in the night to smoke!
    Now, every now and then this feeling of loathing about smoking comes and usually I ride it out and carry on, then that feeling passes.
    This time though I decided to stop.
    Finished my cigarettes on Thursday around 8 in the evening, chewed the gum all the next day, until about 5 when a co-worker who is also meant to have stopped offered me one! I stupidly had one to be polite!!!!??
    Anyway, smoked that evening until about 9 ran out and stayed stopped.
    So I am now a non smoker!
    That is amazing to me.
    Have smoked since I was 12 not saying how many years that is, but it's a lot!
    Sally xx
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Re: I Am A Non Smoker!!!!!!

Well done you (again) xx

Comment

Oh bloody hell Sally, means I have to give up now!!

Well done

xx

(trouble is I enjoy my Silkies with my Gin *sigh*)

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
        (trouble is I enjoy my Silkies with my Gin *sigh*)
        You stroke your stockings while you drink gin?

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
          You stroke your stockings while you drink gin?
          pmsl....ermmm no, I wear hold ups!!!

Silly bint!! *sigh*

Comment

Well done Sally!

I gave up nearly 4 months ago now and have never looked back

This time its for keeps

Comment

Well done, sally, I gave up at one point in the historic past and do not intend to begin again. Its about having goals with the money you now don't spend on nicoteine. Its also about avoiding things that produce those moments when it is certain that the cigarettes are required.

Comment

Originally posted by littlesally View Post

So I am now a non smoker!
                That is amazing to me.
                Have smoked since I was 12 not saying how many years that is, but it's a lot!
                Sally xx

Well Sal, you started same age as me. As people know my age on here, I will say I WAS a smoker and in the end a very heavy one for some 42 years.
                Gave up Friday 13th April 2007, in fact, I was to join a few more ladies to stop and started a thread on another forum about it. One of the ladies I know is on here now and has cut down, I believe to a couple of cigs a day. So another success in my eyes.
                I have never looked back TBH I definately have more money, can't actually say much about the health side of it cause I have other issues with that. I am sure though I will soon feel a lot better.
                So a massive well done from me Sal, I know it's not easy, but it can be done.
                Anyone else out there who is on the brink of stopping, go for it, there is loads of help and different aids to help you. I still have me little plastic fag nothing in it though.

Comment

Massive well done Sal :clap2:

One day I will give up,too much going on at the moment to consider it just now.
                  Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

well done Sal, i can say from experience, it DOES get easier. I am an ex smoker for 17 months now (and counting lol)

It does help to have a good reason or a goal, my reason was the missus was pregnant again, but even the thought of just breaking the shackle of the addiction/dependancy is a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
                      Its also about avoiding things that produce those moments when it is certain that the cigarettes are required.

You mean like driving, after meals, after sex, drinking coffee, any stressful event, creative thinking time, fun times, waking up, just before sleep etc
                      To be honest Nat, being conscious produces those moments!!

About three plus years ago I gave up for five months. Three with gum, then two without. One day out of the blue I really fancied one. Just one! After a day or so of playing with that idea, I had 'just one'.
                      This time I am determined not to have just one, but to ride out those cravings. They only last a few minutes anyway, although are powerful when they come!
                      Have banned smoking from my house, as I was the only smoker in the family everyone is pleased.

Am saving for a holiday in Crete, it has been on my wish list for a couple of years now and OH said we can only go if I pay (not sure I will take him though! lol)

Thanks for your support,
                      Sally xx
                      P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
                      life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
                      Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

You could try a croissant after sex, and crossword for breakfast, reading a book.........something different?

Comment

Originally posted by littlesally View Post
                          Am saving for a holiday in Crete, it has been on my wish list for a couple of years now and OH said we can only go if I pay (not sure I will take him though! lol)

Thanks for your support,
                          Sally xx
                          Sally, carry on 'spending' the same amount of money you did on cigarettes, but this time put all the money in a jar - and spend it on something you want to, for you.

Comment

I would give up smoking but it is my only vice

Not only that I have to watch my weight:roll:
                            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Well done Sally,its really hard to quit smoking keep it up xxx
                              When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X