• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Words of Wisdom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words of Wisdom

This has been around for years, and i am not even sure if the origins are correct, or if its just another urban myth, but, the majority of it rings true

Words of wisdom:

Bill Gates gave a speech at Mt. Whitney High School in Visalia, CA in 2004 about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.
    Rule 1
    Life is not fair -- get used to it!
    Rule 2
    The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.
    Rule 3
    You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.
    Rule 4
    If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
    Rule 5
    Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping -- they called it opportunity.
    Rule 6
    If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.
    Rule 7
    Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
    Rule 8
    Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
    Rule 9
    Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.
    Rule 10
    Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
    Rule 11
    Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Re: Words of Wisdom

Never heard that before, but love it.
    I remember seeing something on TV about a foul in a football match and the ref being in the wrong. Some mother was saying she wouldn't take her child to a match again because she is teaching him about fairness - I thought at the time her son probably learnt more about life in that one game than his whole life with her.
    Schools that don't have winners, losers etc are cheating children.
    Sally xx
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X