• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

All About Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Debt

It has just been brought to my attention that All About Debt (AAD) is to close on 23rd November 2014, The FCA has apparently acted upon a complaint regarding " asking for donations".
    Tags: None

Re: All About Debt

I think you will find that it is more to do with "giving debt advice" rather than simply asking for donations

Comment

nemesis I read through their whole thread over there and I am aware that a complaint was filed against them and that there is an appeal under way. It is my opinion, and knowing only what is on the thread as at last night, that the complaint does not merit the sanction and furthermore that all forums that deal with people and debt could potentially be shut down if AAD is.

To be blunt, I hope that AAD remain open and that the original decision is overturned.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hmmm. I also read through the thread and the letters etc..

There doesn't seem to me (from the correspondence posted) to be any threat at all from the FCA to force AAD to close - just a requirement for them to act within the law from now on, which may involve some adjustments to their MO.

As for the threats and digital pitchforks, the personal attacks...:hand:

Chinese whispers are very dangerous, aren't they?:gossip:

A way to start wars.

:behindsofa:eep:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X