• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Someone isnt happy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone isnt happy!

Take a look at this item on ebay, I know it has finished, but read through his comments about payment etc and the questions, I guess someone is having a parting shot at Ebay for their new feedback changes

Re: Someone isnt happy!

This is the advert in case it is actually pulled of EBAY. Someone clearly does not like their policy.

SONY VAIO VGN-NR21J/S LAPTOP BNIB

THIS IS A BRAND NEW – IN THE BOX LAPTOP. A SUMMARY OF THE SPECIFICATION IS AS FOLLOWS:

INTEL PENTIUM DUAL CORE PROCESSOR T2330
    15.4 WXGA (1280X800) X-BLACK LCD
    2GB DDR2 (2X1GB) 533MHZ RAM
    200 GB HARD DRIVE
    MOBIL INTEL GRAPHICS X3100
    DVDRW DL/RAM OPTICAL DRIVE
    MEMORY STICK SLOT –MAGICGATE
    MEMORY STICK PRO SLOT (FOR SD CARDS ETC)
    WIRELESS LAN 80211.G&B
    WIRED LAN
    56K V90 MODEM
    4 HIGH SPEED USB PORTS

SOFTWARE INCLUDED:

WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM
    60 DAY TRIAL OF OFFICE
    60 DAY SUBSCRIPTION TO NORTON
    ADOBE SUITE OF SOFTWARE
    OTHER SUNDRY SOFTWARE

FOR MORE INFORMATIONABOUT THIS LAPTOP PLEASE VISIT SONY’S WEBSITE HERE

THIS LAPTOP COMES WITH THE MANUFACTURERS STANDARD 12 MONTH WARRANTY WHICH YOU WILL HAVE TO REGISTER. THIS LAPTOP DOES NOT COME WITH ANY WARRANTY FROM ME WHAT SO EVER. ALL WARRANTY ISSUES MUST BE DIRECTED TO SONY.

DIFFERENT WAYS YOU CAN STEAL THIS LAPTOP OFF ME:

PAYPAL: Paypal is currently ebays preferred method of stealing high value electrical items off sellers. There are a number of various ways you can use to steal this laptop using paypal.

1: A Fake “Item Not Received” (I.N.R) Claim – All you simply have to do here is purchase my item using an unverified paypal account. Then when you receive the laptop, simply claim that you didn’t receive it at your registered (credit card) and paypal will give you all your money back !

2: A Fake “Item Significantly Not As Described” (S.N.A.D) This is a great way to steal items off sellers. Simply start a dispute after you get the laptop making up some lie about the item being damaged etc – You could use Photoshop to make up fake pictures of damage. Paypal will ask you to send the item back to me, but don’t bother – they never enforce that on buyers and after a short wait you will get all your money back and you will still have the laptop.

3: A fake “Unauthorised Use” Claim – This is a super way of stealing items on ebay and is widely used. Simply claim that someone hijacked your account (paypal & ebay) and that you didn’t order the laptop. Then in conjunction with a fake I.N.R claim you can simply steal the laptop and of course, get your money back.

4: A Stolen Credit card – Of course, ebay make no real attempt to vet any of its buyers, so hey, just register a new ebay account using fake ID information and link it to a paypal account set up with a stolen credit card – and hey presto – A free laptop.

W ESTERN UNIO N

Although officially banned on ebay, fake western union payments are the preferred way for Nigerian Scammers to steal high value electrical items. Simply email me (using pigeon English) telling me that you would like to buy this item using Western Union – Tell me that you would be happy to pay over the odds for the laptop and that it is a present for your mother in law. Then send me a fake western union payment notification and I send you the laptop – Perfect. This method of stealing items off sellers is very widely used on ebay and of course, as ebay do not properly verify buyers its easy to do. Make sure you use Pigeon English as I am really really stupid and it’s bound to fool me.

MUGGING

If you are a traditionalist like me you may prefer a good old mugging. Simply offer to meet me on some dodgy housing estate somewhere and have a load of you mates hiding behind a hedge with a few iron bars. Again, offer to pay me over the odds as there is nothing better than using a sellers greed to bait them into a scam. I would be grateful if you could avoid killing me as this will cause bad publicity for ebay which would be terrible.

GENUINE BUYERS

In the unlikely event that you are actually a genuine buyer then you really should be shopping in a real shop and not this scammers paradise. However this laptop does really exist and is really for sale. You can email me or skype me with suggestions on how we may actually transact this item to both our satisfaction – with both our safety in mind. Don’t even think of buying it using paypal. I’ve only listed it as accepted because ebay run a protection racket that means I have to accept it. If you do pay by paypal I will simply refund your payment and give you a nice new shiny NEG.

FEEDBACK BLACKMAIL

Of course you will no doubt be aware that from May onwards you will be able to blackmail sellers into giving you free P&P / discounts etc. You will be able to give them neg feedback and they will not be able to give you any.. I regret to advise you that because this rule does not come in until May this option of scamming me is not open to you yet.

AUCTION WRECKING

I would grateful if some sad failed traffic warden could report this auction for two reasons

1: Ebay will see this listing and will hopefully close my account, saving me a 180 days wait to do it myself.

2: You will save me listing fees, making this a free advert.

Happy Bidding!

On 07-Feb-08 at 13:34:10 GMT, seller added the following information:

**** STOP PRESS **** PEOPLE THERE IS NO POINT BIDDING ON THIS ITEM. IT WILL SURELY BE REMOVED VERY SOON BY EBAY. YOU CAN FIND THE EXACT SAME ITEM AND MY DETAILS ON TAZBAR (GOOGLE IT).

ANYWAY, IM OFF OUT NOW, IF THIS IS GONE BY THE TIME I GET BACK – HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT AND EBAY, THERE IS A SERIOUS SIDE TO THIS. SOONER OR LATER THE TRICKLE OF THOSE OF US LEAVING WILL TURN INTO A FLOOD. READ THE LETTER YOUR FOUNDER WROTE AND THEN TRY AND FOLLOW AT LEAST SOME OF IT!

On 08-Feb-08 at 01:24:50 GMT, seller added the following information:

I AM SORRY BUT I HAVE HAD TO CANCEL THIS AUCTION. THE MAIN REASON IS THREATENING EMAILS I AM GETTING AND ALSO THE FACT THAT EBAY WILL CLEARLY BID THIS UPTO £10M AND THEN TRY AND DO ME FOR THE FEES.

I HAD NO IDEA THIS AUCTION WOULD GET THE GLOBAL RESPONSE IT HAS AND ITS JUST A SHAME THAT EBAY WOULD RATHER THREATEN ME THAN ENGAGE ITS CUSTOMERS – BUT I GUESS THAT’S JUST THE WAY LIFE IS THESE DAYS.

I WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE ALL THE VERY BEST AND I HOPE TO SEE AS MANY OF YOU AS POSSIBLE ON PLACES LIKE WWW.TAZBAR.CO.UK GO ON, GIVE THEM YOUR SUPPORT. ONE OF US MAKES NO DIFFERENCE – THOUSANDS MAY DO, MILLIONS WILL!

SORRY FOR ENDING THIS EARLY, HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND WHY I HAD TO.

Comment

LMAO,lots of truth in that I would say.

Comment

That is brilliant!

Comment

I really know where he's coming from ,I sold an expensive ladies watch to a" best offer" buyer at a greatly reduced price. On receiving payment sent the item SD Track And Trace delivery before 1 a.m checked the next day confirmed delivery at 11.10 a.m . I contacted the buyer 4 days later to ask to leave feedback ,got a reply "when will I receive the watch ".I contacted Royal Mail gave all the details and they started an investigation ,three days later I received a letter with their results and it confirmed delivery to the buyers registered address after checking the PDA and the GPS information and an interview with the postman .

I emailed the buyer with this information and asked her to check with other members of the household ,but she said no one had signed for it. I told her I was not sure what else I could do .She then asked could I send p.o.p so she could start a claim ,I agreed sent it next day which was signed for !Next day ebay message me buyer had escalated the case ebay now investigating !. Ebay messaged me asking for proof of delivery I sent Royal Mail investigation letter and p.o.p .

Next day another message from ebay , case closed in favour of buyer last letter of postcode wrong ? ! .I spoke to ebay for about the fourth time asking had no one considered the important letter the only response was "we'll raise the case to supervisory level and put the case on hold , contact you in three days " .Two days later automated message not enough funds in my paypal account as refund issued !.More conversations ,yet another investigation started to be contacted in five days .This is still ongoing the stress this has caused is considerable I feel the Royal Mail investigation team have supplied proof of correct delivery .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X