• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SSE Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSE Power

I have just received a phone call from SSE.....
    The lady wanted to check if our power had been dipping/cutting out.
    TBH we've been lucky,,slight dips of power but no complete power cuts during this shocking weather.

Apparently,,as I'm classed as a 'vulnerable' person they are ringing round to check everything is ok as there is a power cut in the area and to reassure everyone the power will be back on by 5pm at the latest.

Have to say...I'm really quite impressed...and I was able to reassure my little old duck (newly widowed) that should her power go,,pop round here until it's fixed (yes,I know I wouldn't have power either but have a sensible husband who has already filled flasks with boiling water and got the candles out)
    Tags: None

Re: SSE Power

Did you not ask that they sent you a spare box of electrickery you could use in case of a failure?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      Did you not ask that they sent you a spare box of electrickery you could use in case of a failure?
      msl:......tbh plodder,,,I was to stunned to say anything but thankyou to them

Comment

Must admit we are all quick to criticise but something like this gets overlooked.

Comment

Totally agree with you Plodder.....now and then..they get it right

Comment

You should quote this in utilities and a link to the 'vulnerable' peoples bit in their t&cs, these things are very rarely advertised but most companies do have a similar policy.
            Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X