• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Which! reveals the best mince pies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which! reveals the best mince pies

http://www.bitterwallet.com/which-re...=Yahoo%21+Mail

Which! reveals the best mince pies

November 21st, 2013 • 6 CommentsBy Lucy Sweet

Christmas ain’t Christmas without the dubious pleasures of mincemeat. So assuming you’re not making your own mincemeat from scratch with home grown fruit and organic suet, which shop- bought pies are best to shovel into your mouth while watching the Strictly Christmas special?

Who better to ask, of course, than Which!, who have very helpfully compiled a list of the best and worst. Top of the pops are from everybody’s favourite budget no-brand shop Aldi, whose luxury £1.69 mince pies predictably scored better than everyone else. And at the bottom of the list was…Fortnum and Mason, whose mince pies cost £12.95 and apparently taste like poo.
    In second place were Lidl’s amusingly named Snowy Lodge mince pies, which fared well with the judges, who included baker Dan Lepard and artisan breadmaker Patrick Moore (who may or may not have a monocle).
    But does this sort of result surprise us any more? Budget supermarkets are beating luxury brands so regularly that these blind taste tests are as tediously inevitable as kissing your Aunty Sheila under the miseltoe.
    Is there any reason to shop anywhere else? Why don’t we just close down all the other supermarkets and have ‘I Heart Aldi’ tattooed across our bottoms?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: Which! reveals the best mince pies

The best mince pies are the unmade ones.....cos mince pies are cack so is Xmas Pud (not that I've ever tasted either,am allergic to nuts and won't risk my life for stuff that looks and smells cack) msl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X