• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

It's that time of year again..this is the wimbledon thread :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of year again..this is the wimbledon thread :)

So,,my l'il chickadees it's that wonderful glorious time of year when SW19 comes alive and the great and good of the tennis world put on their whites (except Federer,,he had orange bottom trainers on,,he will get an official warning methinks) and 2 fantastic weeks of summer (!) begin.
    This is the Official Wimbledon Thread or (OWT)...please feel free to post any news,thoughts,jokes and such like on here..I will try to post the daily headlines daily (cos its on daily)msl:

Day One,,,,,,,,Let the matches begin........
    Roger Federer cruised through his match in 69 minutes

Elena Baltacha (GB) goes out in first round
    5th seed Sara Elleni (Italy) crashed out too

All eyes will be on Andy Murray (GB) of course,,,having won GOLD at the 2012 Olympics + The Grand Slam title in America he certainly seems to have finally realised his potential.
    The good news is it won't be a predictable Roger Federer/Rafael Nadal final,,they are in the same group so there's a possibilty of a Murray/Nadal or Murray/Federer final.

Then of course we have the powerhouse Williams sisters.....watch this space

Tags: None

Re: It's that time of year again..this is the wimbledon thread

At this point (5.25pm) Murray is 1 set up...but Nadal has just conceded a 2nd set to the 135th ranked Darcis

Comment

Darcis serving to knock Nadal out!

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
        Darcis serving to knock Nadal out!
        Correction. Has knocked Nadal out.

Comment

BYE BYE NADAL :rofl:

Poor PlanB..her dreams of a shirtless Nadal are on hold for another year msl:

Comment

missed Wimbers today due to training someone at work.. not a happy Puff!!

I hope the Williams sisters crash out, they are too predictable and I reckon they flip a coin as to who wins which year!!

Comment

So Day 2 dawns..and we have the powerhouse that is Serena Williams starting her campaign.Like her or loathe her the woman is talented and after nearly losing everything to illness before last years tournament she has come back stronger and more determined. Personally I prefer her to Venus,,she plays an entertaining game instead of relying on 'Aces' to get her through.

Novak Djokovic also begins today.....he admits the Nadal exit in R1 has made everyone sit up and take notice...noone is safe!
              Laura Robson (GB) plays today too.

As per Puffs point re Williams sisters..I agree it can get tedious watching the same finalists every year but to be in the final means you are,for this tournament,the creme de la creme of the tennis world.
              I am old enough (sadly) to recall the heady days of Bjorn Borg,John MacEnroe +Martina Navratilova..no Wimbledon was complete without 1 or all of them at the top of the table.

My 'one to watch' this year is Jo-Wilfred Tsonga..a 6'3 powerhouse,,knocked out by Murray in a thrilling match last year.If you get a chance..watch him play,,he's talented,has a killer serve but also plays a 'light hearted' game,,,happy to ridicule himself when he hits duff shots.

Comment

i liked Anna kornikova i think it was.. won Wimbledon then tried to ring her Mam and couldnt get through cos everyone was ringing to congratulate them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                  i liked Anna kornikova i think it was.. won Wimbledon then tried to ring her Mam and couldnt get through cos everyone was ringing to congratulate them!!
                  I think you must be thinking of someone else?

Comment

yes I am reliably informed it was Maria Sharapova!!

I blinked since then

Comment

Comment

Serena wins 6-1 6-3..but the Minella girl played some really good tennis (including walloping the ball straight at the Umpires head ) 57minutes it was over.

Comment

this bloody tv best not be on the fritz when Andy plays!!!!

Comment

GB's Laura Robson is through to R2...yay!!
                            Novak Djokovic showed brilliant skills for a straight sets win.......and tomorrow Andy Murray plays

Comment

Andy Murray up next I think.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X