• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hacked email

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked email

Please ignore any emails from me, I am so very sorry if anybody has gotten countless emails from me - my AOL email account has been hacked and its sent various emails to all and sundry. I think this might be a problem for a lot of AOL email users as it too me an hour and a half to get through to an advisor and they said all their calls are about email accounts being frozen because of hacking. They won't allow you to reset via online. The online chat advisor said I had to physically speak to an advisor to prove I was a human being and I am who I say I am - I understand proving who I am bit - but as for being human - who did they think was typing, My dog can be clever but even he can't type - his paws are too big for the keys and his spelling is worse than mine!

I have now sorted the problem but I think it happened via my phone as I have Norton on my computers and it usually catches things like this. Fingers crossed it will never happen again.

Can you get a virus checker/internet security for Iphones and are they necessary or have I just been unlucky (this is the first time this has ever happened to me) and I never want it happening again!! Way too stressful!!!

Once again - sorry for any rouge emails xxx
    Tags: None

Re: Hacked email

Change your password if you have not done so already. I had a yahoo account hacked but with them you can see who accessed your email and the hacker was from Kazakhstan. Thankfully, the only email that had been sent was to myself so I was able to find out straight away.

I hate Norton btw and always have done
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybrain View Post
      sorry for any rouge emails
      How might one rubricate (link) an email? :nerd:

Comment

I'm amazed - Norton catches things? Not in my experience, but then it's been years since I would trust them.

AVG do a security programme for mobiles. It comes free, with the free desktop etc. etc programmes! AVG protects all my technology and has done for a very long time, and it's just my personal opinion but I think it is the best programme in the world!

Comment

One of our email accounts got hacked and it sent 3000 plus junk emails i keep getting alerts on googlemail when someone trys to hack and they caught it seems to be a common thing

Comment

its a normal thing unfortunatly!

My sister, brother in law and brother have all fallen victim to them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X