• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The New Soccer thread: the end of the season nailbiters......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Soccer thread: the end of the season nailbiters......

Ok, we are nearing the end of the season and as the old thread is starting to wind down we have the highs and the lows of the English Soccer season.

Man Utd are Champions(sorry saffy)

Who will get the remaining 3 places for the champs League?

Man City Chelsea Tottenham and Arsenal are the contenders.

Going down from the Premier League is almost a shoe in for Reading and QPR but who will go down with them?

In the Championship. Cardiff are back to the top flight of English Soccer and Hull are doing a good job of not getting there but they may well get there.

At the bottom of the Championship it is Bristol City down but about a dozen clubs who could join them.

The Conference has seen Mansfield go up but with Grimsby, Newport County, Kidderminster and Wrexham all vying to go back into the League,
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: The New Soccer thread: the end of the season nailbiters......

Oh you are sooo getting banned by Cel Nice knowing you, see you around sometime...

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise01 View Post
      Oh you are sooo getting banned by Cel Nice knowing you, see you around sometime...
      I have not broken any site rules yet..........pmsl!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
        Ok, we are nearing the end of the season and as the old thread is starting to wind down we have the highs and the lows of the English Soccer season.

Man Utd are Champions(sorry saffy)
        Dot on the cards I'm afraid considering they play with 11 men plus 4 refs/linesmen on their side most weeks.
        I'm really looking forward to Paulo di Canio going back to Upton Park with Sunderland, fingers crossed I can get himself to get me a seat that day.

Who will get the remaining 3 places for the champs League?

Man City Chelsea Tottenham and Arsenal are the contenders.

Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal, I'd however love it not to be Arsenal and see Spurs there.

Going down from the Premier League is almost a shoe in for Reading and QPR but who will go down with them?

Hopefully Villa, would love Wigan to stay up.

In the Championship. Cardiff are back to the top flight of English Soccer and Hull are doing a good job of not getting there but they may well get there.

Looking forward to seeing a welsh derby in the premiership.

At the bottom of the Championship it is Bristol City down but about a dozen clubs who could join them.

Hmmm not that fussed but would love to see Southend go up a rung one day

The Conference has seen Mansfield go up but with Grimsby, Newport County, Kidderminster and Wrexham all vying to go back into the League,
        Grimsby, I like their fish.

Comment

Reading have been going up and down like a strippers knickers for as long as I can remember .I lived 'just down the road' from the original Elm Park.

Comment

Well Wigan cocked up, a draw with Spurs not only are Wigan still fighting to stay up, bloody Spurs have the same amount of points as Chelsea, so its a fight all the way for the Champions league.

Comment

A few issues have been decided today Doncaster go up as champions.

In the really lower league divisions and closer to home: Histon stayed up in the Blue Square North and even more local to me, after 91 years at the same stadium off Milton Road, Cambridge City won their final ever match in the Evo Silk Premier Division 1-0 against Redditch Utd(a match that I attended today) with the other 800 odd people. It's not the top flight Premier league in the country but it was a fairly good atmosphere at the ground and I recommend their chips with curry sauce(albeit the queue to get there lasted more that the half time break ).

Comment

Even lower league Crayford Arrows vets (step son plays for them) won yesterday 4-2, and the under 10's (grandson plays for them) won today so they are the league winners.
                My husband was a semi-pro footballer and was one of the first people to start the club in god knows when, he worked tirelessly to get the club its pitches, the extra field, the clubhouse, tennis courts and so on, the club has gone from strength to strength, his son is now vice-chairman and is following in his dads boots.
                Today I am very proud to be a WAG msl:

Comment

Well Reading and QPR are down in the Championship, wonder who will be coming up.

Comment

What a game at Brentford yesterday. Late late late in the game Brentford get a penalty and miss it and Doncaster go down the other end and score. Not only that but the team who were leading Division 1, Bournemouth, only drew which meant that Doncaster go up as Champions.

In the Conference final to see who goes into the League it is Welsh power again with Wrexham v. Newport being the conference play off final......

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                      Hull are doing a very bad job of not getting the Automatic Promotion Place

After being in the driving seat--they lost to Watford

Then went 7 points in front of them

Now only 1 point in front

We have played last 3 matches against the bottom 3 clubs (Wolves-lost, Bristol City-draw,Barnsley-lost yesterday)--1 point out of 9 available!!!

Sooo--we have to beat Cardiff(Champions) on Sat--unlikely on current form
                      or
                      Watford have to lose to Leeds---unlikely on current form
                      or
                      both Hull & Watford draw--unlikely

Sooo--if we then in playoffs--our current form is dire so I expect the worst.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X