• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Leylandii issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leylandii issues

We' got two neighbours who have Leylandii's in their back gardens, they are now just above the roof tops in height and blocking the sun light from our rear garden and kitchen.
    I know that our next door neighbour will do something about it when we ask her but the other neighbour won't, we asked him last year and he said no!
    My wife has lived here for 16 years and I think there's something called "the right to light" that we can use, but how do we go about it as cheaply as possible.
    After speaking to the council about the matter (about as much use as a chocolate fire guard) they recommended that we go to the CAB, so we now have an appointment with them tomorrow.
    After all the rain we've had over the last two years they seemed to have shot up
    Tags: None

Re: Leylandii issues

Do the Leylandii form part of the hedge 'boundary' or are they planted within the garden?

Start by getting the neighbour who is co-operative to cut hers back.

Are there any 'issues' with the other neighbour?

In my experience of situations like this, often cost is a barrier and offering to share some of the cost often yields some results. (Cheaper than a legal battle also)
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

It is a hedge boundary for both neighbours, our next door neighbour will cut theirs but it's the old cantankerous old git a few doors up on the other street that won't (his garden backs onto next doors but ones back garden).

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
        It is a hedge boundary for both neighbours, our next door neighbour will cut theirs but it's the old cantankerous old git a few doors up on the other street that won't (his garden backs onto next doors but ones back garden).
        Do you think his hedge might like a nice, refreshing drink of copper sulphate solution? msl:

Comment

Mmmm! I'd after do a bit of midnight garden hopping

Comment

This is old info but doubt it is actually out of date

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...omplaining.pdf

Comment

Believe it or not (and I'm sorry I can't find the reference just now) - this present government is planning to remove the existing law specifying a "right to light" in order to wham in more high density housing (presumably to accomodate those that need no light). So you'd better move fast Swifty...(chainsaws at midnight?)

Comment

Bloody Condems

Comment

Originally posted by swifty View Post
                  Bloody Condems
                  Or lack of condoms? :rofl:

Comment

I knew you were going to say that:witchy:

Comment

A condom is used to cover a penis, in the hope it will prevent unwanted offspring.
                      A condem is a penis who's offspring will hopefully have a silver spoon in its gob.

ps sorry for going off topic

Comment

or the other way around....

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                          A condem is a penis who's offspring will hopefully have a silver spoon in its gob.
                          I believe that's where the term 'Blue blood' comes from, to much silver turns the blood blue

Comment

Why do you believe that? I think we should be told (footnote for the thick required Swifty). Mind you - enaid's pronouncement is also rather gnomic....

Comment

It was believed that blue blood comes from the bluish coloured blood which many of the nobility attained from silver poisoning via their cutlery. Since this was not understood, and the poorer members of society could not afford silver cutlery, blue blood was said to be a sign of noble heritage.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X