• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DIY Disasters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Disasters

Have many of you have a partner who thinks he/she can swing a hammer with the best of them. Design and transform your living space better than the DIY SOS team or even think there a dab hand at landscaping the garden.

Only to realise that 12 -24 - 36 months later.........IT JUST AIN'T HAPPENING and created such a bloody mess that your ready to bury them in the garden.

So if you have any DIY Disaster stories (with pictures would be even better) and wish to name and shame your partner, do it here......I dare you.

Re: DIY Disasters

My OH Les has a motto which is D I Y stands for 'don't involve yourself' and to prove a point, after much cajoling (nagging actually) on my behalf he borrowed our neighbours electric hedge cutters to trim the bush at the bottom of the garden.

Picture this I pop to the shops and leave him in charge of cutting the bush, he tripped over a rock or a stone whatever and cut straight through the wire, which made a small explosion and I returned home to find him flat out on his back on the grass, no electric in our house or the surrounding houses because yes, you guessed it he plugged it straight in without a surge stopper thing. We then had to replace the hedgetrimmer, and supply a bar b que for the neighbours cos no one could cook with no power.

Motto: Better off getting a professional in I think.

sapphire

Comment

Or this:

My car battery was flat and I asked him to give it a jump start from his car, so we tried to manouvre my car on the drive nearer to his. I was leaning in the car steering and pushing, he sneezed and let go, the car rolled backwards, knocked me over and ran over my leg, I ended up in hospital with a broken anke.

Motto: Call out the RAC

sapphire

Comment

msl: oh dear saff..... where's the fun in calling someone else to do :santa:

ok... in your case not fun but you know.......:snowlol::snowlol:

I was digging the posts for a small fence in the front garden earlier this year.
        Measured everything, perfectly spaced out, just perfect.

Dug out 6 holes, perfectooooo whacked the spade down for the seventh and started to hear this strange hissing noise. So there I am standing over a partly dug hole, smoking a fag, trying to stop a gas leak.

Not bloody clever, I stood away from the leak and finished my fag then covered the tiny little spade hole with mud. :kisself:

Cost me £75 to get it sorted.

Comment

msl: Oh dear hun did you get to finish the fag ?

How about this ?

18 months ago my mum bought my OH a new Pond Liner for his early birthday pressie, 'cos he wanted a bigger pond for his precious Koi Carp, it measures 20 ft x 8 ft and is around 4 ft deep, was so big the delivery firm had to lift it over the roof of the garage to get it in the back garden.
          Les decides that on August bank holiday that 'we' with the help of a neighbour are going to dig the hole. We started on the friday and dig, dig, dig away we go. By the sunday I ache on muscles that I didn't know I had. I am in a hole 4 ft deep and himself and the neighbour decide to go to the shops 3 miles away to get something or other. There I am in this friggin hole, I can't get out 'cos I'm only 5ft 2 and kept sliding back down the side of the hole and I'm desperate for a poo, yes, you guessed it I had to do it in the hole and as I'm pulling up me joggers I realised that our other neighbours kids are watching me from their climbing frame in their garden.

sapphire

Comment

OMG my cheeks hurt msl:msl: bit of a drip dry as well then was it!!! Ooooo I just thought...... fish and chips and a bit of black pudding ewwwww

Comment

I aint had any real disasters but a few scary moments whilst doing up different homes I have bought. I was knocking out an old fire place and I had an eppie when I woke I had smashed three of my fingers. Another I was in the cellar, doing some rewiring, I had turned all the electrics off, my son was close by so I asked him to trip the switch when I knock on the floor. The door knocked he thought it was me and I was close to being cooked alive. I got thrown about 20foot across the room. I am quite injury prone but my wife beat me, I had demolished a lean too on our house and all of the debris was laying around till I was ready to put it in the skip. She came out the back door in slippers and a nail went right through her slipper and foot and out the top. I being the kind hubbie stood on the plank of wood and pulled her foot up, off the nail.:smileysanta:
              Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

My old stud cat used to live at the bottom of the garden in a cat run (yes it was heated etc etc before you all start on about animal cruelty lol). Anyway, at the time our back door was broken so had to go in and out through the patio doors in the lounge. OH was always moaning at me cos i used to leave the doors open. Outside the patio doors was a concrete area about 10 feet long with a large step at the bottom onto the lawn. One particualrly crappy night, howling with rain etc, I went down the garden, fed the cat etc, came legging it back up the garden, jumped up the step, ran across the concrete, full tilt, into the CLOSED patio door! I ended up on the floor with stars buzzing round my head. OH was unrepentant, said he'd kept telling me to close the bloody door!:angryelf:
                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X