• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Olympic Torch Relay---Post your Photos here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Torch Relay---Post your Photos here

The Olympic Torch Relay

Just a light hearted thread to follow torch around your neigbourhood to show Photos illustrating the spontaneity and excitement of the Torch Relay

If you only got one or two---use "attachments" facility

If loads--Admin want us to use Photobucket---and we've got a special LB Photobucket Account where we can be sure the pictures are never lost

Just E-Mail them to me & Bill at

lbphotos99@gmail.com

and we'll upload them and send you a "Text File" back containing the links in Photobucket--
    then simply copy & paste to message and add your own narrative.
    Tags: None

Re: Olympic Torch Relay---Post your Photos here

On June 19th Torch went from Hull to Brough to Elloughton to Selby to Ripon to York

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

This is my experience--next post is CYNthesys's (if we got the mechanics right)

Last edited by Turboman; 25th June 2012, 18:55:PM.

Comment

brilliant photos Turbo

Selby was packed the streets were lined several deep with people, so couldnt get close ups, but still a good experience

Comment

Cyn--ours is a village as you know--so got close---and by accident--the changeover was right next to where we first stood

Cyn---open up the attachment I sent you (Text File)

Select All
        COPY

EDIT above Post
        Then PASTE
        then save

Comment

Daughter just in from work and having her dinner, I wont pounce on her yet to open her emails, copy and paste etc

Comment

Photos up soon of the relay from Chapeltown to Sheffield, but I warn you im an AWFUL photographer!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the officers of Humberside Police who helped out today, one officer beckoned us over and stood the kids at a traffic light in perfect position to see the torch lit! The atmosphere was electric and in sheffield it was just amazing, Molly met a Mr Stephen Birkby, a disabled torch bearer who kindly let her hold the torch and have her photograph taken holding it, how many 9 year olds can say that?

Wonderful time was had by all!!

Comment

Lets see em then PF

Originally posted by puffrose View Post
              Photos up soon of the relay from Chapeltown to Sheffield, but I warn you im an AWFUL photographer!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the officers of Humberside Police who helped out today, one officer beckoned us over and stood the kids at a traffic light in perfect position to see the torch lit! The atmosphere was electric and in sheffield it was just amazing, Molly met a Mr Stephen Birkby, a disabled torch bearer who kindly let her hold the torch and have her photograph taken holding it, how many 9 year olds can say that?

Wonderful time was had by all!!

Comment

Mr R is going to email me the pics and i shall post them

Comment

[posted on behalf of CYNthesys]

After Turb's town-an hour later in Selby--(a much bigger town)
                  Selby was packed the streets were lined several deep with people, so couldnt get close ups, but still a good experience

Last edited by Turboman; 1st July 2012, 07:45:AM.

Comment

ok the much awaited photos, thanks Turbo

SHEFFIELD RELAY

Photo 1, Molly, Matthew (in buggy) Glen

Photo 2 Molly and the wonderful Steven Birkby, he called Molly over and handed her the torch and said "Here, Mam, get your camera out.. smile darling!" I got the picture and hugged him, said you have just made that little girls LIFE! and he smiled and said, "That made MY life, she said please and thank you!"
                    Mr Birkby if you ever read this, thank you so much, you are a gentleman and a scholar, and a true Olympic hero.

Photo 3 Molly in the fountains in Sheffield during the post torch relay party

Photo 4 Molly and Glen in the fountains

Photo 5, Glen after 2 hours in the fountains telling me Mammy, im a bit wet!
                    Last edited by Hurricane Puffrose; 7th July 2012, 21:08:PM. Reason: Challenge accepted Turbo :)

Comment

edited after learning how to caption photos.
                      Last edited by Hurricane Puffrose; 7th July 2012, 21:43:PM. Reason: captioned photos.

Comment

Great PR--really nice

(for future ref----you can edit photos post--EDIT then click on top l/h icon to see raw links and then add the comments before each photo)

Comment

ooh ty i knew that really.. im learning

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X