• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A Special And Emotional Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Special And Emotional Day

A VERY PROUD MUM AND DAD

As some of you know my daughter has had a tough time with health issues since her senior school days and schooling was very difficult for her as she had much time off and ended up leaving her secondary school when she was 13 as the head told us she was a no hoper.

Whilst she had the plaster off earlier this week after her surgery on her ankle 7 weeks ago she is still on crutches and was in a great deal of pain.

Well yesterday she graduated from Essex University with a Batchelor of Science Honours degree in Animal Science Companion and Zoo Animals.

My husband and I was very emotional when the she was presented with her certificate by Professor Jules Pretty, Pro Vice Chancelor of University of Essex and Sally Gunnell OBE. She went up on the stage on crutches and Sally Gunnell was so nice with her I cried. Jules Pretty said to us after they were considering coming down to her but she insisted that she wanted to go on the stage the same as everyone else. When she went up on stage the clap was so loud because she was on crutches I was crying. My camera jammed just at that most important moment. Thank goodness one of the fathers of one of her uni friends snapped her getting her award and is sending me the pictures on a disc.

It was a most fantastic day and I will try and post up some pictures when I get a chance.

There were so many receiving their awards and it was very rewarding to see such a lot of young pople having gained their Masters as well in their given field.

As soon as she is better and has fully recovered she will have to look for work.

It was a very special day for us and one I won't forget in a hurry.
    Tags: None

Re: A Special And Emotional Day

A massive congratulations to Rebecca and of course mum and dad, a fantastic achievement xxx

Comment

Awwwwwww---Tutts

I've chatted to you on MSN and I already know you are just one proud mum & dad---keep the emotion and bottle it Tutts----a day to remember

Turbs xxx

Comment

That is lovely news to hear, Tuttsi.

VERY well done to your daughter.

And - of course - all credit to you and Mr. Tuttsi for getting her to this stage in her life.

VERY well done to ALL of you.

XXX

Comment

congratulations Tuttsi,(I am an alumni of Essex University albeit class of 1998). Wivenhoe Park is fantastic so I hope you have had a tour of the campus. I knew very well the window of the library looking out over the lake as the ducks swam in it, or the coffee shop where the 5 minute break turned into 90 minutes!!!! And if you don't see a rabbit on the campus, then there is something wrong!

Great news and delighed for ya.
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Her campus was at Writtle near to Chelmsford. But in a lovely little village and a great university. They said yesterday that the university of Essex is in the top ten in the country.

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            congratulations Tuttsi,(I am an alumni of Essex University albeit class of 1998). Wivenhoe Park is fantastic so I hope you have had a tour of the campus. I knew very well the window of the library looking out over the lake as the ducks swam in it, or the coffee shop where the 5 minute break turned into 90 minutes!!!! And if you don't see a rabbit on the campus, then there is something wrong!

Great news and delighed for ya.

Comment

Congratulations (what more can I say) xx
              Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

A BIG Congratulations from me too to all of you.

So amazing indeed! XXXXXX

Comment

Congrats. You must be feeling heart burstingly proud.

Comment

A superb result, and one I am quite sure she could not have achieved without the support of superb, loving parents. Well done allof you! x
                    Last edited by Caspar; 11th September 2011, 09:22:AM. Reason: typo

Comment

My Daughters graduation pictures....
                      Last edited by TUTTSI; 13th September 2011, 17:53:PM.

Comment

The sheer joy on the faces of those who were so proud of that little lady.....left me speechless - and tearful.

YOU must have been SO utterly proud, Tuttsi - and "Mr T" !!!!!

And justifiably, bless you all.

Comment

Excellent!
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X