• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

If we sold bank shares today, how much would we get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we sold bank shares today, how much would we get?

With local government cuts inevitable, how much money could we make by selling our shares in the state owned banks?

Could that alleviate some of the cuts or not?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: If we sold bank shares today, how much would we get?

im still waiting for the Government to send me the shares they bought on my behalf with my money.......... once i get them i will decide if i am keeping mine or selling them

how long do you think i might have to wait for them ?????

Comment

Well rbs shares where brought for 50p a share and todays price is 45p yup taken a hit as there loses were bigger than expected in the square mile

So in answer only 2 yrs into a 5 yr plan so best not to sell yet
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I was talking about today's price since at the moment we are seeing swinging cuts to public services so question is could they be reduced by disposing, albeit at a loss, of some of the state owned shares?

EDIT: interesting article by Robert Peston
        BBC - Peston's Picks: Royal Bank of Scotland: Not yet mended
        Last edited by leclerc; 24th February 2011, 13:32:PM.

Comment

Read the article today tha 'Qatar' would like to buy the shares off the Gov, methinks a straight cash deal would be bad.....selling for less than you apid is not good anyway, but the GBP is becoming worth..less every day, so how about exchange of shares for oil at todays prices...will double soon........very quick profits indeed !!!

Comment

Oil does not protect services in councils across the UK does it?

Comment

Oil in itself is only a barter, but the profit from selling the oil would help........if it ever was directed to the source you suggest.....I saw this only as a quicker way to achieve funds....rather than selling at a loss....which makes no sense at all.

Making no sense at all is the fact the Council CEO's being paid more tha the Prime Minister of UK in the first place....thinning from the top rather than 'front line' is the way to go...but will NOT happen....sadly!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X