• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pop Ups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Ups

Does anyone know of a pop up blocker that works. I have two installed and never get pop ups except for this site where I get loads and loads of them. Any advice on how to stop them, or anyone else have this problem?
    David
    Tags: None

Re: Pop Ups

What's a popup ??
    Don't install a specific blocker, but change your browser.

Firefox with Ad Block Plus works like a dream

Could also be a simple adware infection.
    In which case grab Malwarebytes, install it, update and run a FULL scan.

Comment

Thanks CB! Been debating Firefox for a while. Already have excellent antivirus, spyware etc.... and run daily scans. Also never had a problem until this site (& still don't - only when on here!)

Will install Firefox. Can it be installed alongside IE?

Comment

I use chrome with ad block and I never see any.
        Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

Now using Firefox. No pop-ups so far.:beagle:

Comment

I'm on firefox and never had pop-ups not even got ad block plus.

Overtime Casper I have confidence that you will find Firefox far superior to I.E

One good Firefox add-on I use is Fast Dial which safes all your favourite websites as thumbnails

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5721/
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I'll get that now - thanks. I did look at the add-ons but there's so many!

Comment

indeed there are, just be very choosy which ones you use because too many will slow the browser down.

I just use fast dial, a spell checker and a dictionary

sigpic

Comment

I'm on Firefox !

What's a pop up ?

Comment

Yeah Firefox plus adblock is very good (its what i use)

You still get the occasional "pop under" tho - not much you can do about those im afraid without making using the internet impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                      I'm on firefox and never had pop-ups not even got ad block plus.

Overtime Casper I have confidence that you will find Firefox far superior to I.E

One good Firefox add-on I use is Fast Dial which safes all your favourite websites as thumbnails

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5721/
                      That is SO clever. CTRL + 2 takes me straight to this site now

Comment

Indeed it is you will eventually have all your fav sites on one page saves having to type the address everytime.

If you fill one page it will create another page that you can scroll down too.
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        I'm on 3 pages thus far lol
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 10th November 2010, 19:35:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sigpic

Comment

New Tab King is pretty good addon too, when you open a new tab you get a cool list/thumbnails of the pages you visit the most

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X