• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sea Bass with Prawns - recipe please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Bass with Prawns - recipe please?

ok then gang, friends coming round next Saturday night for a dinner party, Oh alright then I admit it, it's a conservatory p iss up with food. We have a get together once every few weeks. So far we've done Italian, Indian, Chinese, Mexican and Greek, as well as various others lol. So that just leaves fish lol. Anyway, am doing Sea Bass, not a problem at all, but today bought King Prawns and thought it would be good to chuck them in somewhere along the line. Problem is, last time I cooked King Prawns they tasted like rubber (only worse!) The ones I've bought are cooked and peeled, and I have put them in the freezer for now. Should I cook them separately, or with the sea bass?

My plan was to do the sea bass in foil, with lemon and cracked black pepper butter (not too fussy, don't want to kill the taste of the fish), , so, if I just chuck the prawns in with about 5 mins to go, will this do the trick? Or should I cook them separately? Suggestions please.

Before you ask, I'll be serving with a very large dish of greek roast spuds (they go with everything, you must try them!!), trimmed green beans, and roasted red onions, green, red and yellow peppers.

Sorry if I've bored you to death, when you've stopped yawning can anyone give me a clue about the prawns? Please??

thanks x
    Is no longer here
    Tags: None

Re: Sea Bass with Prawns - recipe please?

Oh you now how to warm a man's heart I love fish of any kind and it is so healthy for folk with an under performing heart too.

As the Prawns are already cooked I'd say stick them in 5 mins before as you do not want to overcook them.

Now where is my invite lol.
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

As the prawns are cooked already, I would let them defrost, then warm them in garlic butter with parsley. Either pour it over the bass or just do it as a side.

Comment

Got a chinese chef coming on Monday - if I remember I'll ask him!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
          Sorry if I've bored you to death, when you've stopped yawning can anyone give me a clue about the prawns? Please??

thanks x
          Yes.

Lose the prawns.

Comment

http://www.waitrose.com/recipe/Sea_B...li_Butter.aspx

http://www.nibbledish.com/people/fel...-spring-onions

http://www.fishinabox.co.uk/site/03_...php?RECDEX=ALL

http://www.cutting-edge-mediterranea...er-recipe.html

There you go darlin just a few recipes which should give you the idea.

sigpic

Comment

You know Amy, I think you're right, I'm not really sold on the prawns myself. Think I'll do them as a side dish, if at all. Last lot I did in a sweet and sour sauce, they were so rubbery I'm surprised the dogs even ate them. Although to be perfectly honest even they didn't look impressed.

Thanks PF I've already googled, the Waitrose one looked quite nice..
              Is no longer here

Comment

could always do a prawn cocktail for starters ymmm easy to do too

sigpic

Comment

Less is more.

Jamie Oliver's 30-minute meals: Sea bass and pancetta, sweet potato mash, Asian greens, berry ice-cream and sparkling lemon-ginger drink | Mail Online

Comment

I'm getting ideas here--its also our turn next as well

Comment

Yummy.........sounds lovely! :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X