• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Free milk in schools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free milk in schools

Is it needed?
    I know it was cut years ago, but I do remember hating it as it was warm and not nice really.
    Do you think it is essentail to your childs health?
    Do the schools record the wastage?
    Just asking lol

Re: Free milk in schools

As I have just heard they want it scraped due to costs, but it won't happen as David Cameron wants it kept.

It was only available at nursery school anyway so I think for young children that age its a good thing.

I also believe that milk in the morning is very good at kick starting the brain

PF
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

I was listening to a radio programme this morning about this very subject and a school cleaner from Manchester called in and said that she and her fellow workers take home loads of the milk every day because the kids don't/won't drink it.
      It was stated that most kids don't know how good milk is for them, loads of them would prefer a glass of 'pop' than a glass of milk as they would prefer junk food too, because that's how they've been brought up and why's that ...... because the parents are either unable too cook proper nutritius meals or that they are too flaming lazy.

Comment

It was stated that most kids don't know how good milk is for them, loads of them would prefer a glass of 'pop' than a glass of milk as they would prefer junk food too, because that's how they've been brought up and why's that ...... because the parents are either unable too cook proper nutritius meals or that they are too flaming lazy.
        Sapphire,

Whilst I agree with you here, I also think that the government should take some of the blame too because lets face it, it was they that scraped it in the first place when to was available to all school children.

And the budget for this in comparison to other government budgets is not a great deal.

PF

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Sapphire,

Whilst I agree with you here, I also think that the government should take some of the blame too because lets face it, it was they that scraped it in the first place when to was available to all school children.

And the budget for this in comparison to other government budgets is not a great deal.

PF
          I agree fully and the savings if it were scrapped are small, but every little helps as the old lady said when she peed in the sea.

Comment

I for one very much looked forward to my milk in the mornings

PF

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't saying that I agreed with the cutbacks of the milk for kids, in fact I can think of a hell of a lot other things the govt could save money on, but if what the cleaning lady says is true its a crying shame that a lot of kids are not drinking the milk because they either don't like it or don't know what it is. So, so sad in my opinion.

Comment

I wasn't saying that I agreed with the cutbacks of the milk for kids, in fact I can think of a hell of a lot other things the govt could save money on, but if what the cleaning lady says is true its a crying shame that a lot of kids are not drinking the milk because they either don't like it or don't know what it is. So, so sad in my opinion.
                Sapphire,

I do agree what I,m saying is years ago and indeed in my school years we all loved the stuff and could not get enough lol.

So yes whilst you can blame the parents to some extent, you can also blame the government too because had they not penny pinched as that is what it was back then and scraped a very good service to the public a lot more kids would like it.

Both my sons enjoy milk as they have been brought up on it and I do not stop buying it as its one commodity that has been top of the list.

PF

sigpic

Comment

The "Government" in question pennypinched back in 1971 and then it was free milk for the over-sevens only that was stopped. Primary school children still received free milk.

Don't you think people have had enough time to adjust? It was 39 years ago.

People need to take responsibility for themselves and for their offspring, it is not up to the "Government" to provide milk for their children. Nobody gets pregnant by accident. They made a choice and now they need to take responsibility for it.

We get through a lot of milk in our house, I believe it is good for children to drink it, but I do not expect anyone, much less the already hard-pressed taxpayers, to buy it for me.

Finally, this is a transparent PR stunt, anyone can see that.

Comment

I'm lactose intolerant, I never drank milk at school because I didn't like the looks of it - probably just as well!

How cows are treated to maintain the milk supply is also an issue for me. I am glad I am not part of that chain.

I do have a view on the current government and I will not be expressing it here.
                    Scottish Wildcat Association, conserving Scotland's critically endangered wild felines

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X