• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Christmas Bash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Bash

PK, Mistie and Myself have had a chat and think its time to sort out the Christmas bash.
    To be fair on everyone concerned its better its somewhere central England. We've had a search and PK has come up with this group of hotels, they also do party nights etc etc and work out pretty reasonable.
    For instance: This is at their hotel based in Coventry:
    17th November - Twin room + 60' 70's party night = £59 for the room + £18 each for the party - Total £ 95.00.
    All rooms are bed and breakfast and the bash consists of DJ, Cabaret, Dinner and a Late Bar.
    If you can get someone to share with that works out at £47.50 for the whole thing each. PK also is on their mailing list so he might get discount codes and make the whole thing even cheaper.
    I know 17th Nov is a few weeks before Christmas but remember the prices shoot up closer to Christmas and also we can all get on with shopping etc. during the month of December.
    Anyway take a look on this link and leave your comments etc.
    http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hote...InteractiveMap
    http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/Down...covWhatson.pdf
    http://www.village-hotels.co.uk/hote...ty-nights.aspx

If anyone has any other ideas etc please post.

sapphire
    Last edited by Sapphire; 9th August 2007, 15:12:PM.

Re: Christmas Bash

OK so far im in...need to book babysitter (mum ) incase oh not home....lol

***cant do any 1st dec weekend no sitter***
    Last edited by mistie; 9th August 2007, 17:54:PM.

Comment

SOunds good to me, Probably bring the wife as well and make the most of it

Comment

Facilites at VILLAGE Coventry

146 bedrooms, all non-smoking
        VILLAGE health & fitness
        25m pool
        health and beauty treatments
        verve grill
        the victory pub & kitchen
        café

At your VILLAGE hotel with vibe you’ll find everything you need to unwind and relax.
        25m heated swimming pool
        Cardio zone
        Whirlpool spa
        Sauna
        Sun showers
        Toning tables
        Squash
        Fitness & aerobic studio
        HealthWorks - health and beauty studio offering a wide range of treatments for both men and women

Dolomite Avenue
        Coventry Business Park
        Coventry
        CV4 9GZ

T: 024 7671 9000
        F: 024 7671 9100

How to get there

By road

Northbound by Car
        From M1 junction 17 northbound, join M45, which will follow on to the A45 to Birmingham/Coventry.
        From M40 Junction 15 northbound, join A46 to Coventry, follow the A46 for approx. 12 miles.
        Take the A45 to Birmingham/Coventry. Staying on the A45 to Coventry for approx. 14 miles you will see a Fire Station on your left-hand side. Get into the right hand lane and take a right at the second set of lights.
        Move over to the left-hand lane taking the first exit following signs for Coventry Business Park, City Centre and Earlsdon. Going over the speed bumps you will approach an island, take the second exit and the Hotel entrance is directly on your left.
        Southbound by Car
        From the M42 junction 6 southbound, join A45 to Coventry.
        From the M6 junction 4a southbound join M42 southbound to Junction 6 sign posted NEC, take the A45 to Coventry.
        Staying on the A45 to Coventry for approx. 10 miles you come to 2 sets of traffic lights, at the second set of lights take the left sign posted Coventry Business Park, City Centre and Earlsdon. Go over the speed bumps you will approach an island, take the second exit and the Hotel is on your left.
        Parking

400 spaces
        By rail

Canley Station - 1/4 mile. Coventry - 2 miles.
        By Air

Birmingham International Airport - 10 miles.

Comment

i'm up for it, coventry is only 2 roads from me

Comment

Errr we havn't had summer yet, blooming Christmas gets closer every year.

Does it have to be that weekend? I will miss out on a meet up again if it is. I know Im a whingy cow but thats my OH's Birthday and I really owuld like to meet you all.
            Last edited by Mochamoos; 9th August 2007, 15:45:PM.
            When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Originally posted by Mochamoo View Post
              Errr we havn't had summer yet, blooming Christmas gets closer every year.
              Due to British weather, Summer is Only ONE day now

Comment

I have been sent to Coventry before I am sure..............
                Thought the hotel looked a bit naff, until I noticed they have Squash there pmsl, I will have to let you know lol.

Comment

Mocha have a look on the links there are plenty of weekends to chose from hun. Other dates etc etc. Or bring the other half along and we can all help him celebrate his birthday.
                  Remember this is only an idea so why don't you make a suggestion or two. Perhaps someone could come up with another idea ie:
                  Weekend away in Benidorm !
                  Night out in London
                  Visit Lapland
                  Week in Iraq, come on you know the form guys

sapphire

Comment

thats my oh birthday wkend too, i'd have to ask him if he's prepared to forego a 30th birthday bash at home to spend the night with you nutters lol
                    I'll let you know:banana:

Comment

I'll go for this one.......

Comment

You'll be in iraq then wont you? lol

Comment

Oh bugger

Comment

Did you forget your red cross job jan pmsl ? I bet you can find someone to go in your place if you change your mind lol

Comment

Ok in theinterests of fairness and also so we can arrange this pish-up, on a weekend that everybody (or mostly everybody) can attend I have an idea.
                              Here is a list of weekends in Nov/Dec if everyone can cut/paste this and put a YES or NO against each date then I can compile some kind of a chart and get a date where the 'majority' can attend (if you so wish). Also idicate if you are all happy with the Birmingham/Coventry surrounding area, being the central meeting point. If you are not happy with this then please make an alternative suggestion.

NOVEMBER YES/NO
                              3rd
                              10th
                              17th
                              24th
                              DECEMBER
                              1st
                              8th

Yes I am/am not happy with the suggestion that we all use Birmingham/Coventry area as the central point.

Enter your postcode here.........
                              then we will try to chart them all out and pick a location central to us all.

sapphire
                              Last edited by Sapphire; 10th August 2007, 12:07:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X