• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Increase in Energy Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase in Energy Prices

The main reason for the increase in gas prices now and over the last decade, is that the UK got rid of nearly all of it's gas storage capacity. The smart European companies increased their storage capacity.
    UK has 1% of Europe's gas storage capacity, Italy and Germany lead the way.

You couldn't make it up, the UK sell's North Sea Gas to European companies at the going rate, they store it because they have loads of storage capacity, then they increase the wholesale prices and sell it back to the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...se-this-winter
    Tags: None

I wonder what Minister thought that up,?. Answers on a postcard, please.

Comment

Aside, Martin Lewis has been a big fan of 'switching suppliers', I get that.
      When you had Ed Davey, Minister for Energy saying exactly the same thing,
      it was 'hardly' a solution for 'people' in 'fuel poverty'.

Comment

9 energy suppliers gone.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/...bles-payments/

Comment

Originally posted by vduicc
          OH! I didn't know it...
          You now know, so we are happy to help in that regard.

Comment

I don't know how true this is but, I wonder if it is worth checking out. Right Gas from the North Sea is sold to Europe, low and behold it is then sold back to HAVE A GUESS. The UK. Must be true it was on Radio 4.

Comment

they call it commercial practices? (Middlemen maybe)??

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
                I don't know how true this is but, I wonder if it is worth checking out. Right Gas from the North Sea is sold to Europe, low and behold it is then sold back to HAVE A GUESS. The UK. Must be true it was on Radio 4.
                This is from 2018.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...-idUKKBN1GV187

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  they call it commercial practices? (Middlemen maybe)??
                  It's forward planning, nobody has, they don't care about 'what if this happens scenario'? They are reactionary and not 'pro active'.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X